Dan Mahoney has Conan's Fate in his Hands

Old July 8th 05, 01:04 AM
Trish

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:24:08 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
.. .
On 7 Jul 2005 09:58:05 -0700, "-L." wrote:

Look - it's simple. You didn't get the cat because you starved your
dog and apparently think animal abuse is a subject to joke about.
Maybe you should think about THAT as long and hard as you have been
obsessing over Conan.

This comment is petty, small-minded and nasty to the core.

Noooo! Not our good friend Lynnie!!

Psst ... Charlie ... Lyn is not in touch with anyone who has
anything to do with Conan. No doubt the emails have been
flying as she has tried, after the fact, to ingratiate herself
with Monica, though wahhhh hahaha!

How do you know that?

BTW, I am over there in rpca trying to make new friends but it's not
working very well. What am I doing wrong?

Charlie

Charlie, you have to bring them strawberries, they seem to like it with
their porn

Old July 8th 05, 01:13 AM
Philip

In ,
Charlie Wilkes stated
unanimously:
On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 14:46:56 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

In ,
Charlie Wilkes stated
unanimously:
On 7 Jul 2005 00:49:08 -0700, "-L."
wrote:

snip
Oh please. Mary posted that the rescue mission was over, so
other people went and got the cat. It's really that simple
-
not neuroscience. They don't need the money and they
certainly don't need the conspiracy theories, verbal abuse
and 10 posts a day with "Dan" or "Monica" in the header. In
fact, they don't need anything. People who do this all the
time took Conan into their own hands and recued him -
BECAUSE NOBODY ELSE DID.

So why all the secrecy about who picked up the cat and where
it is?

Charlie

How does Monica's group benefit by revealing current
developments? What's the "upside" to them?

The upside would be relief from all this antagonism, if they
want it.

snip
Charlie

Charlie, you really don't understand what drives these indecent
females. More info=more ammo. There is no appeasing the Minion
terrorists

Old July 8th 05, 01:13 AM
Philip

In oups.com,
-L. stated unanimously:
Charlie Wilkes wrote:

snip
vipers with
whom you have associated yourself. And now the cat you claim
to care so much about is sitting in a kennel instead of the
good home that I or someone else would have provided him.

I would much rather the cat sit in a boarding facility than go
to someone who takes the above issues so lightly. If you ask
any person in animal welfare they would tell you the same
thing. Being housed in a kennel (if that's where he is) isn't
going to hurt the cat. Being hung by only his front legs in a
harness probably *will* hurt the cat. Inhaling pot smoke
*will* hurt the cat. Not being fed for two days
*will* hurt the cat. It's not neuroscience, Charlie.

-L.

HERE is something for both of you to ponder. Gosh, the things
you can find with Google are amazing!!

http://boards.cannabis.com/archive/index.php/t-581.html

Or:

http://www.druglibrary.org/special/n...h_culture4.htm

Scroll down to:
Several people mentioned that when they are high, they feel more
aware of animals, that the animals take on a more distinct
identity, that they become easier to comprehend as live creatures
with personalities and needs of their own. Among smokers, it is
widely believed that household pets become high if smoke is blown
toward them. One experienced smoker notes that cats handle being
stoned better than do dogs: "Cats either curl up and dream, or
else prowl around in a prickly alert state with their fur
electrified. Dogs just get splay-legged and drool." Other users
enjoy watching animals, especially fish in an aquarium.

Old July 8th 05, 01:13 AM
Philip

In ,
Charlie Wilkes stated
unanimously:
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:23:29 -0400, "Trish"

wrote:

"cmtowle" wrote in message

Whatever personal interactions occured prior to Conan's
rescue, they are a separate issue and have nothing to do
with me.

lol rich!

Geez officer I know I fired the gun but after the bullet left
the nozzle, who it hit had nothing to do with me.

snip
Dan is
over there in rpca, regaling his groupies with sentimental
tales of cats whose lives he has salvaged, pretending none
of this is happening.

Charlie

None of this is happening. It's all a horrible nightmare.

Old July 8th 05, 02:04 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 00:13:21 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

In oups.com,
-L. stated unanimously:
Charlie Wilkes wrote:

[...]

Tweaker doesn't like the smoke. He jumps off my lap the second I
light up.

But this cat belonging to my tenants, Vegas, loves the smoke. One
summer I was taking care of her, and if the pipe came out, she was in
my lap, no matter where in the house she had been curled up. For her,
hearing a bic lighter is like hearing kibbles being poured into a
dish.

Her behavior doesn't really change, so it could be she just likes the
smell. No one will ever convince me it is harmful to her. I'm not
forcing the issue. I just do my thing while she sits in my lap, free
to jump down and go in the next room if she wants. But she never does
as long as the stash is out on the table. A lot of people are like
that, too.

Charlie
Old July 8th 05, 06:28 AM
Rhonda

But Monica, you are the spokesperson for your TEAM, not just for yourself.

The silence of certain parties after the rescue are not a separate
issue. If Dan had nothing to do with it, which I would still like to
believe, then that is an issue that does not involve you. If that's the
case, why not just tell us it was not Dan to help him out?

If Dan changed his mind but didn't tell us and then chose to ignore our
emails -- his silence now is damning your group.

Conan's biggest draw was from the emotions on this newsgroup. It would
be easier on everyone, and potentially help in the search for a home for
Conan, if everyone was just honest.

Rhonda

cmtowle wrote:

"Candace" wrote in message

There are people who are hurt or offended because they felt they were
a)rejected, b)lied to, or c)betrayed. It's human nature, I guess.

Old July 8th 05, 06:36 AM
Rhonda

Mary wrote:

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message

BTW, I am over there in rpca trying to make new friends but it's not
working very well. What am I doing wrong?

lol

That got a big LOL from me, too!

Rhonda