Ping - Meee or any OZ posters

Old March 19th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ping - Meee or any OZ posters

My Daughter and her family recently shifted from WA to Torquay, Hervey Bay
Qld, she is right on the coast, trouble is I have no idea where that is and
NO contact phone number as yet - is she in Larry's path??

She (Katrina) and her family survived the Katherine floods several years ago
but lost all their possessions.

Lois (in panic mode!!)

--
http://zeotropeburmese.kiwiwebhost.net.nz

Burmese are like potato chips, you can't just have one!

Old March 19th 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dear Lois,

Go to http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/qld/ and look at the tropical
cyclone threat map summaries - they will give you very up-to-date
information on the path and size of the cyclone

It looks as though Hervey Bay is *well* south (hundreds of km away from
the danger) of the cyclone danger and your daughter and family will not
suffer any ill effects at all (except maybe some rain).

I hope this helps.
Tish

Old March 20th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:07:42 +1200, Lois wrote:

My Daughter and her family recently shifted from WA to Torquay, Hervey Bay
Qld, she is right on the coast, trouble is I have no idea where that is and
NO contact phone number as yet - is she in Larry's path??

She (Katrina) and her family survived the Katherine floods several years ago
but lost all their possessions.

Lois (in panic mode!!)

Purring for their safety. MLB
Old March 20th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:07:42 +1200, Lois wrote:

My Daughter and her family recently shifted from WA to Torquay, Hervey
Bay
Qld, she is right on the coast, trouble is I have no idea where that is
and
NO contact phone number as yet - is she in Larry's path??

She (Katrina) and her family survived the Katherine floods several years
ago
but lost all their possessions.

Lois (in panic mode!!)

Purring for their safety. MLB

Thank you, I guess no news is good news - right?

Old March 20th 06, 10:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Lois" wrote in message

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 10:07:42 +1200, Lois wrote:

My Daughter and her family recently shifted from WA to Torquay, Hervey
Bay
Qld, she is right on the coast, trouble is I have no idea where that is
and
NO contact phone number as yet - is she in Larry's path??

She (Katrina) and her family survived the Katherine floods several years
ago
but lost all their possessions.

Lois (in panic mode!!)

Purring for their safety. MLB

Thank you, I guess no news is good news - right?

There's a number you can call to find out if they are OK if you need to. its
the Police Assistance Line: (Australia, ie +61) 1800 100 188.

The people up there are pretty Cyclone smart. Tehre's been reports of cuts &
bruises but no loss of human life.

The cost to propery and agriculture (mainly bananas and sugar cane) is eaily
in the millions, possibly billions though.

And there's another one brewing out to see that looks like it will hit
exactly the same place :-(.

Keep purring.

Yowie

Old March 20th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Lois" wrote in message

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

Sounds like the one-two punch of Katrina/Rita here. Mega purrs coming that
everyone stays safe!!! As we've found out, property can be replaced so if
it's heading your way get people and pets out and don't worry about the
"things" you leave behind.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Ping Meee NMR Cat anecdotes 21 February 4th 06 03:26 AM
Ping Meee Nan Cat anecdotes 1 September 13th 05 02:23 PM
Ping Meee Cwazee Catt Cat health & behaviour 0 September 13th 05 02:23 PM
ping Florida RPCA POSTERS SuzQ Cat anecdotes 6 April 10th 05 05:50 PM
Ping & Weeble visit TED (long) Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 22 November 11th 04 01:35 PM