Boyfie tries his luck

Old November 4th 13, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie tries his luck

"jmcquown" wrote in message

We know that. He's attempting to use his feline wiles on you, that's
all. It's endearing.

Jill

I know he does, but it he might be remembering that that's about the time I
used to get home from work. Key in the door = teatime. Sort of like Pavlov
response in dogs. Can this happen in cats?
I don't see why not. Even though he'd been fed, the key in the door at the
right kind of time might have set off a memory, even though it's 3 years ago
since I worked. He had his teatime meal for 8 years the minute I got home
(he insisted..) ;-)

Tweed

Old November 4th 13, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

I fed him his teatime meal at 3.45, but had to go to my brother's house
deliver his birthday present then. Didn't take much time but when I got
back he insisted he hadn't been fed.
Anyway, he didn't get away with it. More likely because he is a greedy
boy,
which my vets tell me he is after numerous tests on his appetite to see
if
there is anything wrong. Nothing. He is perfect, he just likes his
food.

Tweed

~~~~~~~
Unfortunately, Boyfie sounds just like me! My stomach tells me I am
hungry when I know it isn't true.

MaryL

There is no way he is hungry, he is fed 3x day. Why he thinks he is
hungry
I don't know. Vet says he is greedy and it cost me a lot to find it out,
but
hey, he is fine.

~~~~~~~
I realize that. I was trying to make a joke--I often want food even when
I know I have had plenty to eat.

MaryL

I think he might have been conditioned (see upthread)
Anyway, he didn't get any more until his 10 pm sprinkles.
Tweed

Tweed

Old November 4th 13, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 11/3/2013 10:19 PM, MLB wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 16:36:41 -0800, Joy wrote:

wrote in message
On Saturday, November 2, 2013 11:16:16 AM UTC-8, Christina Websell
wrote:g. He is perfect, he just likes his food.

Bonnie just likes being fed-on time- she acts like she's totally
starving to death but once its in the bowl she usually waits for Sarsi
to eat her share first

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Waffles has dry food available all the time. He gets a small amount of
canned food once a day. He always reminds me, usually starting about an
hour early, and puts on quite a "starving cat" act.

Joy

++++++++++++++++++++++++\
TuTu always has dry food in her dish. If I have to go out for any
reason, I always make sure the bowl is full. The time change today has
bothered her somewhat. She is still on tummytime. MLB

Persia is still on tummytime, too. But she'a also happy sunshine-time in
the dining room comes an hour earlier in the afternoon.

Jill

We are now on woodburner-time - very nippy today so it's lit for only the
2nd time this year. When it's 7c in my bathroom when I get up, it's time to
light the woodburner. I understand fahrenheit temperatures as we used it
when I was a child, so I know how hot 80f is and how cold 22f is but I've
got used to centigrade now. Although, I still prefer pounds and ounces and
feet and inches. I cannot envisage how long or high anything is if it's
told to me in cm. My brain is wired in imperial measures ;-)

Tweed

Old November 4th 13, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , MaryL
wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

I fed him his teatime meal at 3.45, but had to go to my brother's house
to deliver his birthday present then. Didn't take much time but when I
got back he insisted he hadn't been fed. Anyway, he didn't get away with
it. More likely because he is a greedy boy, which my vets tell me he is
after numerous tests on his appetite to see if there is anything wrong.
Nothing. He is perfect, he just likes his food.

Tweed

~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, Boyfie sounds just like me! My stomach tells me
I am hungry when I know it isn't true.

MaryL

Me too!

As boyfie would say. No harm in asking.

Judith

LOL! He didn't get two tea-time meals within an hour, and actually when I
refused he didn't insist - he knew he was chancing it, he really did. Plus
he might have been full..
Tweed

Old November 4th 13, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
news:53a57f03f8judith@sick-of- We are now on woodburner-time - very nippy
today so it's lit for only
the 2nd time this year. When it's 7c in my bathroom when I get up,
it's time to light the woodburner. I understand fahrenheit
temperatures as we used it when I was a child, so I know how hot 80f is
and how cold 22f is but I've got used to centigrade now. Although, I
still prefer pounds and ounces and feet and inches. I cannot envisage
how long or high anything is if it's told to me in cm. My brain is
wired in imperial measures ;-)

Tweed

We use centigrade for the winter (I find it easier to work out when it's
freezing) and farenheit in the summer. I use feet and inches and pounds
and ounces. (including when I'm buying stuff in shops, the market always
shows weights in pounds.)

I say, I was born imperial and I'll die imperial.

I've been programmed that way.

Judith

Me too.

Old November 5th 13, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 17:15:37 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message

We know that. He's attempting to use his feline wiles on you,
that's
all. It's endearing.

Jill

I know he does, but it he might be remembering that that's about the
time I used to get home from work. Key in the door = teatime. Sort of
like Pavlov response in dogs. Can this happen in cats?
I don't see why not. Even though he'd been fed, the key in the door at
the right kind of time might have set off a memory, even though it's 3
years ago since I worked. He had his teatime meal for 8 years the minute
I got home (he insisted..) ;-)

Tweed

If you drive your own car, he could also be responding to the sound of
your engine. I have had cats in the past that would meet me at the door
when I came home. If my car was undergoing repair, so that I was driving
a different vehicle than usual, they wouldn't be at the door, and would
look surprised when I walked in.

--
John F. Eldredge --
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Old November 5th 13, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Ah yes! Persia always recognized the sound of my car when I came home
from work. I didn't have a garage then, but I did have a parking space
right next to my apartment. She'd hear my car, then run to the entryway
to greet me. This always signaled dinner hour is approaching. I could
see the wheels spinning in Persia's head: maybe I'll get fed earlier if
I act like I'm truly starving.

Jill
Old November 5th 13, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, the car too.. He knows the sound of Mr F,

Old November 13th 13, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Maybe that's why my guys haven't been coming to the door recently when
I get home. I recently bought a new car! (New to me, that is - and more
importantly, new to them.)

--
Joyce

There is no alternative to being yourself.
Old November 13th 13, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

And maybe she'll be fed earlier if she sucks up to you in an adorable way,
like meeting you at the door.

--
Joyce

There is no alternative to being yourself.

Wish me luck..... Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 15 May 19th 06 10:37 PM
Please wish us luck....! Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 23 April 3rd 06 04:33 AM
Wish me Luck! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 14 January 25th 06 08:34 AM
[OT] My luck CatNipped Cat anecdotes 14 December 13th 05 03:39 PM
Wish me luck. Don & Lisa Cat anecdotes 21 June 23rd 04 11:49 AM