Spicey overgrooming - or not

Old February 10th 15, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Spicey overgrooming - or not

Spicey was longing on the bed looking very elegant and relaxed, when I
noticed a strange pink spot on her tummy.

I snuck closer for a better look, and I found that she had a bald spot. Oh
no, she's so stressed that she's been overgrooming! And not only that, but
her obsession was such that she'd made that area completely smooth and
rectangular with such precise edges and...

Oh wait, come to think of it, they must have shaved her at the vet last
week for her cytology.
Old February 10th 15, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/10/2015 5:04 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Spicey was longing on the bed looking very elegant and relaxed, when I
noticed a strange pink spot on her tummy.

I snuck closer for a better look, and I found that she had a bald spot. Oh
no, she's so stressed that she's been overgrooming! And not only that, but
her obsession was such that she'd made that area completely smooth and
rectangular with such precise edges and...

Oh wait, come to think of it, they must have shaved her at the vet last
week for her cytology.

LOL I was going to suggest training her to be a "personal groomer".

Jill
Old February 10th 15, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 17:35:10 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
LOL I was going to suggest training her to be a "personal groomer".

Jill

Dot and Buster are actually a lot more groom-y than Spicey is. Particularly
Dot, who is very enthusiastic, and seems to sometimes think that my hands
are her kittens.
Old February 11th 15, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/10/2015 5:57 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 17:35:10 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
LOL I was going to suggest training her to be a "personal groomer".

Jill

Dot and Buster are actually a lot more groom-y than Spicey is. Particularly
Dot, who is very enthusiastic, and seems to sometimes think that my hands
are her kittens.

I miss Persia's little sandpaper tongue. She didn't groom me very often
but when she did get ahold of my hand, wowsa.

Jill
Old February 11th 15, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:26:20 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

On 2/10/2015 5:57 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 17:35:10 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
LOL I was going to suggest training her to be a "personal groomer".

Jill

Dot and Buster are actually a lot more groom-y than Spicey is. Particularly
Dot, who is very enthusiastic, and seems to sometimes think that my hands
are her kittens.

I miss Persia's little sandpaper tongue. She didn't groom me very often
but when she did get ahold of my hand, wowsa.

Jill

Yes, those little wet pink things are very much like sandpaper.
Old February 12th 15, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:

On 2/10/2015 5:57 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 17:35:10 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
LOL I was going to suggest training her to be a "personal groomer".

Jill

Dot and Buster are actually a lot more groom-y than Spicey is. Particularly
Dot, who is very enthusiastic, and seems to sometimes think that my hands
are her kittens.

I miss Persia's little sandpaper tongue. She didn't groom me very often
but when she did get ahold of my hand, wowsa.

Jill

Yes, those little wet pink things are very much like sandpaper.

Sandpaper kisses
on a cheek or a chin:
that is the way
for a day to begin!

Sandpaper kisses,
a cuddle and a purr:
I have an alarm clock
that’s covered in fur!

Like

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters

It's Spicey every day Takayuki Cat anecdotes 11 October 9th 12 08:48 PM
Overgrooming & Megacolon LauraM[_2_] Cat health & behaviour 1 April 3rd 09 05:44 AM
Overgrooming kilikini Cat anecdotes 7 June 16th 06 10:12 PM
Overgrooming - stress / separation anxiety? Scott Thomas Cat health & behaviour 6 March 8th 04 06:01 PM