Fat cat contest, it's wrong!

Old November 24th 04, 12:54 AM

ospam (Yngver) wrote:

Ashley"
wrote:

So are any of these newsletters available on line? Do you have links?

No, their content isn't available online but you can subscribe online:
http://www.tufts.edu/vet/publications/catnip/

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/publicresources/cat.htm

I just went and subscribed to both. Funny thing is the same guy
answered the phone to takes the subscription orders. I guess some
outfit in FL sells the subscriptions.

-mhd
Old November 24th 04, 01:04 AM
Sherry

I just went and subscribed to both. Funny thing is the same guy
answered the phone to takes the subscription orders. I guess some
outfit in FL sells the subscriptions.

-mhd

You'll enjoy Ca****ch. I save some that are of special interest to me and pass
the rest on to friends.
Old November 24th 04, 01:05 AM
Phil P.

"Sherry " wrote in message
article about trimming down your fat cat. Within the article, they
have a contest for the "fattest cat." The three fattest cats will win
cash prizes.

Brilliant. Now, some morons will deliberately try to fatten up their

cats
to compete in an utterly stupid contest, for which the grand prize will

be
predisposition to diabetes and hepatic lipidosis.

Exactly my thoughts. And don't think there's not some moron out there who

will
try to fatten their cat up even more to win the stupid contest. It's one

of the
most irresponsible things I've ever heard of any animal magazine

printing.

Mind boggling isn't it? Where did Cat Fancy find their editor, Zap comics?

If
I were a subscriber, I'd cancel and tell them why. Since I'm not, I'm

telling
them anyway.

Good idea. I think I'll follow your lead.

Phil

Old November 24th 04, 01:39 AM
MaryL

"Rene" wrote in message
m...
Hello,

I just read the January 2005 issue of Cat Fancy magazine. They have an
article about trimming down your fat cat. Within the article, they
have a contest for the "fattest cat." The three fattest cats will win
cash prizes.

This burns my bisquits--instead of helping cat owners maintain (or
lose) their pet's weight, they are encouraging it! A better contest
would have been to *help* the three biggest cats lose weight.

If you want to write magazine and let them know how you feel, the
email is:

Rene

That's an abomination! It's sort of like posting high-calorie menus on a
weight-loss newsgroup.

Thanks for including their e-mail addy. I will write to them tomorrow (too
tired tonight).

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (Introducing Duffy to Holly)
http://tinyurl.com/8y56 (Duffy and Holly "settle in")

Old November 24th 04, 01:43 AM
MaryL

"Yngver" wrote in message
Ashley" wrote:

So are any of these newsletters available on line? Do you have links?

No, their content isn't available online but you can subscribe online:
http://www.tufts.edu/vet/publications/catnip/

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/publicresources/cat.htm

Just in time! I'm going to subscribe to both and will also give a gift
subscription to my sister.

MaryL