OT Godsquad Ron (see below)

Old May 24th 05, 05:21 PM

Default OT Godsquad Ron (see below)

Is there nothing we can do to stop this nutter posting this boring long
drivel every bloody day, grrr he's starting to make me mad (maybe
that's the point though).

Marcia (eagerly awaiting the flames of hell, ha ha)

Old May 24th 05, 06:23 PM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there nothing we can do to stop this nutter posting this boring long
drivel every bloody day, grrr he's starting to make me mad (maybe
that's the point though).

Marcia (eagerly awaiting the flames of hell, ha ha)

Well you can lose your mind and Netcop the hell out of him or his bot, and
just generally foam at the mouth and spout invective, or you could do what I
do--delete his posts the instant I see them. Life is short.

Old May 24th 05, 06:39 PM

true, and then you die! I just can't get my head round these sort of
people I guess.

Old May 24th 05, 07:10 PM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...
true, and then you die! I just can't get my head round these sort of
people I guess.

I know, and I do sympathize.

Old May 24th 05, 07:11 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Mary wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there nothing we can do to stop this nutter posting this boring

long
drivel every bloody day, grrr he's starting to make me mad (maybe
that's the point though).

Marcia (eagerly awaiting the flames of hell, ha ha)

Well you can lose your mind and Netcop the hell out of him or his

bot, and
just generally foam at the mouth and spout invective, or you could do

what I
do--delete his posts the instant I see them. Life is short.

Hey Mary (and Marcia):

Eh, he's been netkopped so many times, I think he just continuously
changes his ID daily so that Yahoo and Google can't keep up. On
another group, some guy had posted "purported" Google email saying they
were attempting to find a way to block this particular person, but it
could be a while (if it was even a real email, but that's about the
time the guy started changing his ID frequently).

He doesn't even read what others may post in response, so ignoring is
the way to go, yeah, it's hard to do on Google, but fortunately he
creates those huges subject lines, so I just skip over him.

Smokie Darling (Annie

Old May 24th 05, 07:22 PM
Mary

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Annie, there are free news servers and readers. You do not have to
use Google. If you are interested I can provide links and instructions.

Old May 24th 05, 07:41 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Mary wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Well, once I figure out what the heck I'm doing (and knowing me, that
could take some time doncha know?), I'd be very grateful.

Part of my problem is that I can't seem to get a clue about how the
newsreaders "work", are they something like OE or are they web based
(go to a website and sign on)? Are there options, if it's like OE, to
tell it *not* to automatically open attachments?

I think I would like the option to kill-file, not that I would, in some
groups the kooks are the only reason to keep reading (since I find them
quite humorous). Of course, Mr. Godsquad (I do like that) would find a
nice comfy spot in a trash bin, I'm sure.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old May 24th 05, 08:08 PM
Mary

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote

Annie, there are free news servers and readers. You do not have to
use Google. If you are interested I can provide links and

instructions.

Well, once I figure out what the heck I'm doing (and knowing me, that
could take some time doncha know?), I'd be very grateful.

Part of my problem is that I can't seem to get a clue about how the
newsreaders "work", are they something like OE or are they web based
(go to a website and sign on)? Are there options, if it's like OE, to
tell it *not* to automatically open attachments?

I can help you because I use OE too. Once you follow the instructions
below the server will conform to all the rules you already have set in
OE.

I checked the free servers
I know and currently many are offering free reading, but none are
offering free posting to rec.pets.health+behav. So I found a good
alternative for you that costs a one-time fee of $3.95. I have used
this server for years, though I use others too.

Go he

http://www.teranews.com/

Here you may click on "create account" and for a
one-time $3.95 "set-up fee" have access to Teranews
forever. No monthly fees ever, and you can read
binary groups such as alt.binaries.pictures.animals.

Just follow the instructions, making sure to choose
the $3.95 one-time account.

I think I would like the option to kill-file, not that I would, in some
groups the kooks are the only reason to keep reading (since I find them
quite humorous). Of course, Mr. Godsquad (I do like that) would find a
nice comfy spot in a trash bin, I'm sure.

Once Teranews emails you your activation code, you go into O.E.
(your mail screen) and click on Tools/Accounts/News/Add/News
and follow the instructions, entering the screen name you want to post
under, the email you want to post with, and the free Teranews server name,
in the appropriate boxes. The server name for the free accounts is
free.teranews.com.

If you have any trouble, let me know. Once you go through this
process and pay your little $3.95, you can then click on any
post and just hit delete and it is out of your life forever. That
is what I do instead of killfiling. But of course you can also
use OE's message filters.