Tyche does her own sound effects.

Old September 1st 05, 09:56 PM
Enfilade

Default Tyche does her own sound effects.

Whenever Tyche jumps off a chair or something, upon landing she lets
out a little noise, like a squeak or grunt-meow. It's like in basic
training where they say "Let me hear your battle cry!" and go HOOAH!
every time they make a punch/step/whatever.

She also will sit down in an empty room and start singing or meowing,
talking to herself, sometimes very loudly.

I've also seen her walking around meowing for no apparent reason.

She sure loves the sound of her own voice.

--Fil

Old September 1st 05, 10:30 PM
mlbriggs

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:56:13 -0700, Enfilade wrote:

Whenever Tyche jumps off a chair or something, upon landing she lets out a
little noise, like a squeak or grunt-meow. It's like in basic training
where they say "Let me hear your battle cry!" and go HOOAH! every time
they make a punch/step/whatever.

She also will sit down in an empty room and start singing or meowing,
talking to herself, sometimes very loudly.

I've also seen her walking around meowing for no apparent reason.

She sure loves the sound of her own voice.

--Fil

How is her eyesight? Hearing? Have you checked her claws to make sure
none have grown into the pads? IMHO she sounds like she feels lost.
MLB
Old September 1st 05, 11:27 PM
Kreisleriana

On 1 Sep 2005 13:56:13 -0700, "Enfilade"
yodeled:

Whenever Tyche jumps off a chair or something, upon landing she lets
out a little noise, like a squeak or grunt-meow. It's like in basic
training where they say "Let me hear your battle cry!" and go HOOAH!
every time they make a punch/step/whatever

Stinky does that too, ever since he was a little fellow. "Oof!"
..

She also will sit down in an empty room and start singing or meowing,
talking to herself, sometimes very loudly.

I've also seen her walking around meowing for no apparent reason.

She sure loves the sound of her own voice.

Stinky does all of the above. He's a noisy guy.

Theresa
Old September 2nd 05, 12:48 AM
Enfilade

How is her eyesight? Hearing? Have you checked her claws to make sure
none have grown into the pads? IMHO she sounds like she feels lost.
MLB

We clip their claws every other week, so we know there are none in the
pads. She certainly has no trouble hearing (and answering to) our
voices and I have dealt with blind animals in the past--she does not
act like they do.

From Kittenhood, she and Kumani would scream and cry if they were taken

out of sight of their sister. They don't do this any more, though they
do spend a lot of time together. Kumani seems to be okay apart from
Tyche now, but I wonder if Tyche is perhaps more dependent on her
sister's presence.

--Fil

Old September 2nd 05, 12:54 AM
Jo Firey

"Enfilade" wrote in message
ups.com...
Whenever Tyche jumps off a chair or something, upon landing she lets
out a little noise, like a squeak or grunt-meow. It's like in basic
training where they say "Let me hear your battle cry!" and go HOOAH!
every time they make a punch/step/whatever.

She also will sit down in an empty room and start singing or meowing,
talking to herself, sometimes very loudly.

I've also seen her walking around meowing for no apparent reason.

She sure loves the sound of her own voice.

--Fil

Sam was like that. He was a very vocal Siamese and he really did seem to
love the sound of his own voice.

Jake isn't that talkative for a Meezer, but he does walk around grumbling
like an old man sometimes.

Jo

Old September 2nd 05, 08:32 AM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

Whenever Tyche jumps off a chair or something, upon landing she lets
out a little noise, like a squeak or grunt-meow. It's like in basic
training where they say "Let me hear your battle cry!" and go HOOAH!
every time they make a punch/step/whatever.

She also will sit down in an empty room and start singing or meowing,
talking to herself, sometimes very loudly.

I've also seen her walking around meowing for no apparent reason.

She sure loves the sound of her own voice.

LB lets out an "umph" whenever she jumps up or down off something -
and also talks quietly to herself, or maybe she's calling Sammy, since
Sam usually goes to see what's she's talking about ;-) One of the
changes with Spot's arrival is that LB is a lot quieter.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old September 2nd 05, 11:46 AM
Lesley

Enfilade wrote:
Whenever Tyche jumps off a chair or something, upon landing she lets
out a little noise, like a squeak or grunt-meow.

Sarrasine does that sometimes

She also will sit down in an empty room and start singing or meowing,
talking to herself, sometimes very loudly.

I've also seen her walking around meowing for no apparent reason.

Isis (RB) did that a lot, she was the loudest most talkative cat ever,
we used to say to her "Speak up, they can't quite hear you in
Birmingham"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old September 2nd 05, 03:12 PM
Kreisleriana

On 2 Sep 2005 03:46:24 -0700, "Lesley" yodeled:

Enfilade wrote:
Whenever Tyche jumps off a chair or something, upon landing she lets
out a little noise, like a squeak or grunt-meow.

Sarrasine does that sometimes

She also will sit down in an empty room and start singing or meowing,
talking to herself, sometimes very loudly.

I've also seen her walking around meowing for no apparent reason.

Isis (RB) did that a lot, she was the loudest most talkative cat ever,
we used to say to her "Speak up, they can't quite hear you in
Birmingham"

LOL! My mother says to Stinky "Who asked you?" and "Another county
heard from."

Theresa
Old September 2nd 05, 04:29 PM
Jane

Rita does that too. She squeaks when I pick her up. IF she's
laying on the couch with me, and I decide to run my hand down her
side and pet her, she picks up her head and meows. If I'm trying
to go to sleep, she drags her toys into the bed and meows at me
to play with her. Then there are the times when she just walks
around and meows for no good reason (that I can figure out).

I usually wake up to find her toys all over the floor and bed.
On my way into the living room, I pick them all up and put them
back where they were, and she follows me and meows all the way.
(let me tell you, stepping onto a catnip mouse with a broken
foot when you're only half asleep is quite the eye-opener!)

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita