Jellicle Ball Part 1 as told by GM in 2004

Old October 17th 05, 11:00 PM
Ray or Fran

Default Jellicle Ball Part 1 as told by GM in 2004

Ize taking the liberty of reposting Gretchen Marie's, RB welcome to the 9th
Annual Jellicle Ball Ceremonies. Shez did such a gud gud job of telling the
history and mcing and effuryfing.

Anywayz I would also like to welcome effuryone to the 10th Annual Jellicle
Ball Ceremonies. I'ze hopez youze will enjoy yourownselves and the
wonderful food that has been so graciously provided and the musicians and
.... and...

Fangu effuryfur.

Puddi Cat

"Hihihi effurybuddy. Ize Gretchen Marie and I'd like to welkum yew to the
9th Annual Jellicle Ball Ceremonies.

Meowchat began a in 1995. Thuh newsgroop wuz then called rec.pets.cats or
rpc and it inkluded all kinds of messijes about anekdotes and health and
misselaneous stuff. When thuh kittees began to talk wif eech uther, we had
to type thuh werd MEOW in thuh subject so thuh hoomins cud skip thuh catz
messijes if they wanted to. Thatz how it started to be called meowchat.

Der wer sum messijes alredy in September of 1995 so it started during thuh
summer. According to Anti Kate and Rors, they wuz reeding in thuh dog
noosgroop and a messij frum Kimmy sed she'd meowed in rpc but nobuddy
ansered her. So Anti Kate found dat furst kommunikayshun and Finn and Rors
meowed bak. I rememfur that I furst saw a meowchat frum Finn and he wuz
talking all funny. Sumbuddy askd him if he had a cold kuz he sounded all
stuffed up. That is how our langij started. Deze are da furst memries of
meowchat. Things reely tuk off after dat!

A few yeers ago, ther were so many messijes that we voted and decided to
split into more noosgroops. It wuz a civil war. Thuh hoomins cud not agree
on whether to split, how many groops to have and what to call them. Us kats
just wanted to keep having fun. Thuh war continued fur over a year.
Frendships were lost and sum hoomins and kittees left and hav nefur
returned. But as we kin see, today we are once again a happy chattering
bunch. Fangu Bast We hav had many advenchures and aktivitees rite frum
thuh beginning. Here at thuh Jellicle Ball we retell thuh old storees, sing
thuh old songs, rememfur our old frendz and appreshiate all thuh noo
storees, songs, and espeshully, our frendz."

--
Remove "spam" from addy to reply

Old October 18th 05, 04:15 AM
CatTayls

Gretchen Marie, sed all this? No wunder she wuz so famus. Ize glad to
know all thiz about my noo communitee. Maybe I'll be famus sum day
too.

Little Kitty, glad GM told her to adopt her Meowmie

Old October 18th 05, 04:17 AM
CatTayls

Thank you for telling the story, Puddi Cat. You're doing a wonderful
job. I feel GM looking down at all of you with a big smile as she
clebrates with her friends at the Bridge.

Anti Arlene

Old October 18th 05, 06:04 AM
meee

what a lufferly way to start...;gretchen marie was a wonderfully eloquent
kitty.

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

oups.com...

Old October 22nd 05, 06:23 PM
Ray or Fran

Fangu Aunti Arlene, Ize trying.

Puddi Cat
(feeling comforted that Aunti Arlene finks shez doing a gud job and knowing
that Punkins is watching with GM as well.)