Jellicle Ball Part 2 as told by GM in 2004

Old October 17th 05, 11:03 PM
Ray or Fran

Default Jellicle Ball Part 2 as told by GM in 2004

Gretchen Marie continues.....

"Here is the story of thuh Furst Jellicle Ball as told by Bonnie, The
Black Panther. Thuh tradishuns hav chanjed a bit since then, but it was
kwite a spektakular beginning!

'Since RPC came on line, many wonderful and special kittens and cats have
passed to the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. But -- as we know since we
are CATS -- death is not the end to life, but rather the beginning of a new
one. It should not be seen as a period of protracted mourning, but rather as
a period of celebration -- this is more-or-less in keeping with the poet T.
S. Eliot's works about CATS: We gather once a year to select the cat that
can come back to a new Jellicle Life. Love is a binding force that
transcends both time and space, and we will all reunite at the Rainbow
Bridge. In recognition that there are so many kittens and cats deserving of
a new Jellicle Life this year we pay honor to all who have gone before; to
celebrate their lives in story, song, and memories. The MC will rule over
the Ball. This is a very HIGH HONOR. The cat selected should be our oldest
inhabitant. The next to last song will be Memories. The Host and Hostess of
the Ball (Sir Galaxy and myself, Bonnie) will have the whole floor unto
themselves for the first few measures, they will then invite all other cats
to then join them. At the end of the song the MC will ask that those cats
deserving of a New Jellicle Life be simultaneously projected through the
beam splitters to fall upon all the huge projection screens that surround
the puuurrrrimeter. All the names which have been shown will now be shown
one final time en mass. They will reamin projected for 30 seconds before the
start to revolve around the gathered assemblage, first rather slowly, but
then faster and faster until they become one indistinct blur where upon they
will start to rise towards the curved peaks of the projection screens....the
names will meet in a final blast of light, and the simultaneous release of
fireworks. As the fireworks fade the Band will begin to play a medly of "The
Power of Love" and "Everybody Wants to be a Cat." The dawn should be
breaking about this time, and as the
various cats leave, we can then reflect on the meaning of the Jellicle Ball:
to remember what happiness is; to love one another, so a new day can begin.
Bonnie, The Black Panther" '

Puddi looks towards the RB and sends thanks to GM for posting this last year
and hope she doesn't mind the reposting this year.

--
Remove "spam" from addy to reply