[OT] Children's Book

Old April 8th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Children's Book

Ok, this is one of th emost obscure thigns i"ve ever asked, but RPCA
collectively seems to know pretty much everything, so I thought I'd ask.

When i was a kid (ie, 30 odd years ago) I had a a children's book that I'd
like to find again. It was on the alphabet, but not the usual sort of
picture & alphabet book.

Each letter had an illustration and a short rhyme that had a large amount of
alliteration (sp?) in it. All I can remember about it is 'G' had something
baout "goats eat gammon" and 'M' was about "The Mirror Men". The Mirror Men
were stick figures, with mirrors for faces. It may have been origially
published in England (rather than Australia).

My Mother and my sister also very fondly remember the book, but its gone
missing, and we'd *love* to see it again. Unfortuantley none of us can
remember the title or the author.

If anyone has any idea what this book was called, or who wrote it, the whole
Chapman clan would be very very grateful.

Yowie

Old April 8th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:

Ok, this is one of th emost obscure thigns i"ve ever asked, but RPCA
collectively seems to know pretty much everything, so I thought I'd ask.

When i was a kid (ie, 30 odd years ago) I had a a children's book that I'd
like to find again. It was on the alphabet, but not the usual sort of
picture & alphabet book.

Yowie,

Try posting to rec.arts.books.childrens . Somebody there might remember
it, or might have an idea of where to post.

I remember there was also either an email list or a newsgroup devoted
to a "looking for long-lost books" sort of thing. I used it to find a
book that a good friend had read as a child, but couldn't find, so I
could give it to her as a surprise. Somebody emailed me to say that they
had seen the book in a store that was local to me. I called them, and
yep, they had it! So you might ask about that on r.a.b.c as well.

Joyce

[OT] Must...avoid...distractions Yoj Cat anecdotes 1 July 1st 05 09:02 AM
Book Review Tanada Cat anecdotes 3 January 26th 05 06:15 AM
cat book " Asleep in the Sun" Norm Cat anecdotes 12 October 5th 04 04:33 PM
"The Russian Blue" book, anyone? Aleksey Gurtovoy Cats - misc 430 June 8th 04 02:02 AM
Small Animal Clinical Nutrition book / Mark Morris Institute Karen M. Cat health & behaviour 138 November 29th 03 02:45 PM