Overgrooming

Old June 13th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Overgrooming

Chloe, lately, has been over-grooming herself to the point her nipples are
raw and she's lost quite a bit of hair on the inside of her legs.

She's also been throwing up large hairballs, which makes sense due to the
amount of hair she's losing.

There's been no new stress in the houshold, other than the house is closed
up because it's so hot outside.

Any other ideas? I'm thinking this is due to nerves, but I can't figure out
why.

kili

Old June 13th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kilikini wrote:
Chloe, lately, has been over-grooming herself to the point her nipples are
raw and she's lost quite a bit of hair on the inside of her legs.

Luna has a bare tummy and bare spots on her legs. TED said that as long
as she doesn't hurt herself, there is no reason to medicate. We think
the reason for Luna's nervousness is that she's a bit of a b*tch who
would rather be a single child.
We tried Feliway and didn't seem to have any effect on her grooming.

Victor

Old June 14th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kilikini wrote:
Chloe, lately, has been over-grooming herself to the point her nipples are
raw and she's lost quite a bit of hair on the inside of her legs.

She's also been throwing up large hairballs, which makes sense due to the
amount of hair she's losing.

There's been no new stress in the houshold, other than the house is closed
up because it's so hot outside.

Any other ideas? I'm thinking this is due to nerves, but I can't figure out
why.

When Nikki started overgrooming, it was the first sign of
hyperthyroidism. But Chloe is still young, isn't she? AIUI,
hyperthyroidism usually does not develop in young cats. It might also be
a skin condition or allergy.

Old June 14th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kilikini wrote:
Chloe, lately, has been over-grooming herself to the point her nipples are
raw and she's lost quite a bit of hair on the inside of her legs.

She's also been throwing up large hairballs, which makes sense due to the
amount of hair she's losing.

There's been no new stress in the houshold, other than the house is closed
up because it's so hot outside.

Any other ideas? I'm thinking this is due to nerves, but I can't figure out
why.

kili

Odie--Man licks the insides of his front legs bald every time I get a
temporary stray cat around here. Of course the reason here is obvious,
but it sounds like a mystery with Chloe. The good news is, the hair
always grows back just fine when he stops.

Sherry

Old June 14th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

--

Yes, Marina, Chloe's only 2 years old at best. She and her siblings popped
out of our shed around the end of October 2004 and their eyes were still

kili

Old June 14th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...

kilikini wrote:
[...]

Yeah, but what helps make him stop? I'm hoping this is just a phase, but I
don't know.

kili

Old June 16th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

kilikini wrote:
Chloe, lately, has been over-grooming herself to the point her nipples are
raw and she's lost quite a bit of hair on the inside of her legs.

She's also been throwing up large hairballs, which makes sense due to the
amount of hair she's losing.

There's been no new stress in the houshold, other than the house is closed
up because it's so hot outside.

Any other ideas? I'm thinking this is due to nerves, but I can't figure out
why.

kili

Lots and lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek