SERIOUS: PET FOOD RECALL

Old March 17th 07, 10:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-L.

Default SERIOUS: PET FOOD RECALL

A number of foods are being recalled because animals are getting sick
and dying; kidney failure is the most prevalent problem and they are
not sure what is causing it yet.

Here is the complete list of cat foods:

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_cat.html

Dog foods:

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_dog.html

PLEASE check the lists for any foods you may have and follow the
guidelines on the website:
http://www.menufoods.com/recall/Pres...l_03162007.pdf
Phone Number
1-866-895-2708

-L.

Old March 17th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sandy McDermin

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...
A number of foods are being recalled because animals are getting sick
and dying; kidney failure is the most prevalent problem and they are
not sure what is causing it yet.

Here is the complete list of cat foods:

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_cat.html

Dog foods:

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_dog.html

PLEASE check the lists for any foods you may have and follow the
guidelines on the website:
http://www.menufoods.com/recall/Pres...l_03162007.pdf
Phone Number
1-866-895-2708

-L.

Odd. CNN is reporting that two of the brands affected are IAMS and Eukanuba,
but neither of those are mentioned in that product list. Or, am I missing
something?

Sandy

Old March 17th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail Futoran

"Sandy McDermin" wrote in message

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I heard the same thing. The Eukanuba brand
is one of the brands I feed my cats, so it
would be good to know if the reporting was
in error.

Gail F.

Old March 17th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"Sandy McDermin" wrote in message

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...
A number of foods are being recalled because animals are getting sick
and dying; kidney failure is the most prevalent problem and they are
not sure what is causing it yet.

Here is the complete list of cat foods:

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_cat.html

Dog foods:

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_dog.html

PLEASE check the lists for any foods you may have and follow the
guidelines on the website:
http://www.menufoods.com/recall/Pres...l_03162007.pdf
Phone Number
1-866-895-2708

-L.

Odd. CNN is reporting that two of the brands affected are IAMS and
Eukanuba, but neither of those are mentioned in that product list. Or, am
I missing something?

Sandy

Also: The original news reports talked about Kroger, Safeway, and WalMart
brands, but they are not listed. In my opinion, the supplier did a *very
poor* job of informing people. There was a delay in getting out any
information, and now it is listed by each store -- but there is no
easily-searchable source for each brand.

MaryL

Old March 17th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sandy McDermin

"Sandy McDermin" wrote in message

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Well, the other article on this newsgroup, posted by Bellsouth, has info
about IAMS and Eukanuba with product and factory codes, and I just want to
know if that's all I have to know about those two. I have a few IAMS pouches
and they don't fall into the range of those numbers. Plus, I've already fed
my cats one of those pouches a couple of days ago and all is well.

Sandy

Old March 17th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Purina to Voluntarily Withdraw Mighty Dog(R) 5.3 Ounce Pouch Products

No other Purina products affected

ST. LOUIS, March 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Nestle Purina PetCare Company
today
announced that as a precautionary measure, it is voluntarily
withdrawing
its 5.3 ounce Mighty Dog(R) brand pouch products that were produced by
Menu
Foods, Inc. from December 3, 2006 through March 14, 2007. This
withdrawal
is in response to the recall initiated earlier today by Menu Foods, a
contract manufacturer that does limited business with Purina as well
as
with other pet food manufacturers. Only Mighty Dog 5.3 ounce pouch
products
are being withdrawn by Nestle Purina, including those pouches
contained in
multi-packs. Importantly, no Mighty Dog canned products, or any other
Purina products are affected by Menu's recall.
While Purina has no indication of any product quality or safety
issues
specifically related to our Mighty Dog pouch products, Purina is
taking
this proactive action out of an abundance of caution in response to
the
Menu Foods recall.
Consumers who have the indicated Mighty Dog 5.3 ounce pouch
products
should discontinue feeding them to their dogs and can receive the full
replacement value of the withdrawn products by calling 1-800-551-7392.
The Mighty Dog pouch products and pouches in multi-pack cartons
have
code dates of 6337 through 7073, followed by the plant code 1798. This
information is located on the bottom or back panel of the pouches or
cartons. Specifically, if the code following the "Use By" date begins
with
four numbers from 6337 to 7073 followed by the plant code 1798, then
the
pouch is included in this voluntary withdrawal.
Purina regrets any inconvenience and apologizes for any concern
caused
by this product withdrawal. The Company will continue to take any and
all
actions necessary to ensure the quality and safety of our products.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4547959&EDATE=
__._,_.___

Old March 17th 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mariib via CatKB.com

Sophistacat is a canned cat food brand carried by Wal-Mart in Canada & is
listed on the recall website
http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_cat.html
M.

MaryL wrote:
A number of foods are being recalled because animals are getting sick
and dying; kidney failure is the most prevalent problem and they are

[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]

Old March 17th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sat, 17 Mar 2007 19:12:21 GMT, "cybercat" wrote:

I was surprised to see Nutro on the list.

I'm so glad I switched my boys to Innova Evo before this happened. They
were both getting Nutro (wet and dry)! I would be beside myself with anger
and grief if something happened to them. I feel just awful for everyone
who has been impacted by this.

--
Lynne