Rat Poison in food recalled according to local news

Old April 1st 07, 09:59 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kitty

Default Rat Poison in food recalled according to local news

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"buglady" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Ernie" wrote in message

Why don't you all shut the flock up and take a list of the latest
recalled
foods around to your grocery stores instead of flapping your gums.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Oh, they'll have all the foods on the list, all right.....But I want a
list of all the foods that are guaranteed to be free of
contaminants.....Until they come out with that list, I'll feed my cats my
own food, thanks.......

I just went out and bought chicken gizzards to cook and give to my kitties
and cans of salmon meant for humans......I hope they like it.............

Kitty

Old April 2nd 07, 06:03 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
William Graham

"Kitty" wrote in message
.. .

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"buglady" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Ernie" wrote in message

Why don't you all shut the flock up and take a list of the latest
recalled
foods around to your grocery stores instead of flapping your gums.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Oh, they'll have all the foods on the list, all right.....But I want a
list of all the foods that are guaranteed to be free of
contaminants.....Until they come out with that list, I'll feed my cats my
own food, thanks.......

I just went out and bought chicken gizzards to cook and give to my kitties
and cans of salmon meant for humans......I hope they like it.............

Kitty

Yes, and there's the rub....My cats don't really like a lot of the fresh
foods I cook for them...they are so used to eating that dry food that it's
hard for me to get them to eat the chickens....Especially the
females....They think the chicken is for the male feral cat, and they won't
touch it unless I hand feed it to them piece by piece........

Old April 8th 07, 06:39 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

On Mar 23, 7:15 pm, "Celticbeard" wrote:
Buried a 14 year old tabby in December 06 from a sudden and rapid
kidney failure. She ate Iams and Fancy feast and I noticed she seemed
to dislike the gravy style food and we bought it a couple of times by
mistake and expectde her to eat it anyway.

Got the vet bills and grave in the yard to prove it. They say it
started as early as December but I strongly suspect it was almost
certainly in the food chain as early as October or November and my
last tabby Rosie went out fast because she was not a strong or young
kitten anymore.

They a full of poop if they are trying to say they have no clue. They
have lots of clues but they want to sift through them and spin it in
the best possible light for themselves. When we look at the salaries
of execs in this country and then for them to allow something like
this to happen, they deserve proper penalties to offset the huge
rewards they normally enjoy.

Now I have to worry that my new cat was given any of the leftover food
because I never suspected premium IAMS would be on the cat killer
list.

Hello,
I was researching the pet food recall and found this discussion.
First I want to say how sorry I am that you lost your cat. My 18 year
old cat also got sick the same time period yours did, and she was
eating Fancy Feast cuts in gravy. Like your kitty, she started
refusing to eat it. She quit eating all together because her only
choices were what we had, or the Hills prescription diet! (which has
made the list).
I think it saved her life though. I got so worried that she would not
eat, that I gave her raw shrimp with a little olive oil, and she ate
that like the starving kitty that she was. Like your cat, her illness
was very sudden, but due to her age, we thought it was nature taking
it's course. She recovered, but with damage. She is a walking
skeleton. I find it very interesting both of our cats got sick in the
same time period, on the same food, but there is not mention of fancy
feast in the list. I was wondering if you had any new thoughts?

Old April 8th 07, 10:14 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Meghan Noecker

On 7 Apr 2007 22:39:29 -0700, wrote:

I think it saved her life though. I got so worried that she would not
eat, that I gave her raw shrimp with a little olive oil, and she ate
that like the starving kitty that she was. Like your cat, her illness
was very sudden, but due to her age, we thought it was nature taking
it's course. She recovered, but with damage. She is a walking
skeleton. I find it very interesting both of our cats got sick in the
same time period, on the same food, but there is not mention of fancy
feast in the list. I was wondering if you had any new thoughts?

I would be interested to know if some of Fancy Feast's foods did have
a problem in October. She was anemic all year, but suddenly had renal
failure at the end. She had bloodwork again only a week before she
died, and it did not indicate renal failure. I actually posted to the
list asking if renal failure could really come on that suddenly since
it didn't make any sense to me.

She was getting a variety of flavors of Fancy Feast at the time,
including cuts and gravy. After she died, I stuck with the two flavors
that Jay Jay likes, and neither of them have any grain products in
them.

When the recall started, I checked to see if the Fancy Feast was on
the list, because it would make sense for what happened to Kira. But
Fancy Feast has not been on the list at all, and Kira died before the
December date listed.

Old April 8th 07, 02:40 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Fred

Meghan Noecker wrote:

[...]

I haven't seen Fancy Feast on any of the lists. IS it a problem food. I
have a stack of the tins on the kitchen table and I've been feeding it to
my three cats all along thinking that it was safe. Occasionally the cats
leave the tinned food in their dishes and I thought it was just a flavour
preference. I sometimes give them Performatrin but mostly it's been Fancy
Feast for breakfast and Frisky's for supper. (We live in Ottawa Canada).

--
Regards, Fred
Old April 8th 07, 02:41 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Manfred Mann

Got the vet bills and grave in the yard to prove it. They say it
started as early as December but I strongly suspect it was almost
certainly in the food chain as early as October or November and my
last tabby Rosie went out fast because she was not a strong or young
kitten anymore.

They now think it was in there as early as October 2006. They are
now going back that far.

They a full of poop if they are trying to say they have no clue. They
have lots of clues but they want to sift through them and spin it in
the best possible light for themselves. When we look at the salaries
of execs in this country and then for them to allow something like
this to happen, they deserve proper penalties to offset the huge
rewards they normally enjoy.

Uhhhh.....Menu Foods is in Canada.....

Now I have to worry that my new cat was given any of the leftover food
because I never suspected premium IAMS would be on the cat killer
list.

96 brands altogether accross many corporations.