SKINNY CAT

Old April 6th 05, 03:57 PM
dee ray via CatKB.com

Default SKINNY CAT

I rescued a himy cat three years ago and she just won,t get fat and I have
tried everthing including a vet check. She eats dry food and some can food
and I am at wits end. Helppppppppp

Old April 6th 05, 04:09 PM
dee ray via CatKB.com

She is a torti and eats all the time but she stays skin and bones and I
have her on purina kitten and I know these show cats are eating something
to make them fat, but what.

Old April 6th 05, 04:11 PM
Karen

Some cats are genetically pointed at thinness. Do you have a picture of her
you can post somewhere and point us too? For instance, if she looks like she
has quite a bit of oriental in her, it would be natural to be quite thin.

Old April 6th 05, 04:44 PM
Karen

No, they are not eating something special. Try a higher grade kitten like
Wellness. You might try adding a vitamin (some are tasty enough they will
eat them as treats.) Hopefully, others will have ideas. How much does she
weigh?

Old April 6th 05, 06:55 PM
Mathew Kagis

"dee ray via CatKB.com" wrote in message

She is a torti and eats all the time but she stays skin and bones and I
have her on purina kitten and I know these show cats are eating something
to make them fat, but what.

I use a product called 'Missing Link', it's a powder that you sprinkle on
their dry food. It's all natural & made from high quality ingredients...
Might help. I'm assuming the vet has given a clean bill of health when it
comes to worms?
--
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old April 6th 05, 08:24 PM
GB

My cat was half Burmese and was always skinny no matter what she ate. But
she lived to be 21 years old. So I wouldn't worry some cats are built like
that.

Gini

Old April 6th 05, 10:14 PM
Mary

"GB" wrote in message
My cat was half Burmese and was always skinny no matter what she ate. But
she lived to be 21 years old. So I wouldn't worry some cats are built like
that.

Gini

I agree, Gini. "Skinny" is better than fat, unless Skinny means
really, really thin to the point that the bones show.