Thanksgiving Tradition

Old November 23rd 05, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Thanksgiving Tradition

Kajikit wrote:
Here's my recipe for the fruitmince pie.
1 pie crust
1 grannysmith apple
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup currants
1/4 cup cherries

About the cherries, are they the dried? Frozen? This time of the year
we don't have them fresh. Thanks! Sounds yummy!

-PatM

Old November 23rd 05, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

PatM wrote:

One for the cake, one for the cook...?!

Cheers,
PatM

sure why not!

Old November 23rd 05, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

you got to shop the whole markets I went shopping today they had everything
out of season there nice and fresh of course over priced but what do you
expect for out of season.

I can't wait for the next two days to go pass
"PatM" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old November 23rd 05, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hans Schrøder wrote:
"No More Retail" wrote in message

16 oz to 1 lb

one stick of butter = 4 oz or 1/4 lb or 113.4 grams

Thank you very much, now it may be possible to try it...

Hans, this may be of help in the futu

http://www.onlineconversion.com/cooking_butter.htm

I use this for other cooking conversions:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/cooking_volume.htm

And all the rest of them (temps, weights, distances etc):

http://www.onlineconversion.com/

You can find almost anything in the drop-down menu on the right.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old November 23rd 05, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hans Schrøder wrote:

"KittyLady" wrote in message
ups.com...

Creamcheese Pound Cake with Mandarian Oranges

Ingredients:
3 Sticks unsalted butter
8 oz of cream cheese
6 Eggs
1 pound of sugar (about 3 cups)
2 teaspoons of salt
1-1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 pound of flour (about 3 cups)
Large can of Mandarian Oranges.

*Sigh* I thought I knew a lot about American or English measures, and how to
convert them, but obviously not enough... How much is a "Stick" of unsalted
butter?

A quarter of a pound. Most butter in U.S. supermarkets is
packaged in indivually wrapped 1/4 pound "sticks". (I think
that equates to 1/2 cup, but I'm not sure.)

It doesn't even give me the slightest hint on how much it
is. Help
meout, please!

Hans

Old November 23rd 05, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hairball_Dejur wrote:

KittyLady wrote:

Hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as my family does. You can top
this with any sort of fruit or eat plain.

Skritches,
KittyLady

A tradition I would like to see...
we did this 2 Christmas' ago

We baked a real heavy dry walnut cake.
Then we reduced a buttery bourbon sauce (with some sugar in it)
Then pour that over the walnut bunt cake

Will last through end of January. - Daily give it a shot of bourbon.

Not neglecting a shot for yourself, at the same time? ;-)