yay!! new furbabies!!

Old November 23rd 05, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default yay!! new furbabies!!

my new furbabies are coming tomorrow! Cougher and Mango, to be precise!
cougher is a tortie point siamese, 9 months, and Mango is a red point
siamese, 6 months. So i am going to be very busy!! Jasmine, 4 kittens, and 2
almost kittens! What fun!! DH is going to flip!! He prefers to admire cats
froma distance, but i think siamese are going to change that! They are both
quite shy and reserved for siamese, which i prefer as we are not terribly
social, so our cats often aren't terribly social either. they are used to
sleeping with people, so we will have cats in our bed I think...none of our
cats have been bed cats as they all liked night hunting, jasmine included,
and she usually sleeps in the boy's room...she's not a really 'touchy feely'
cat, she will have a cuddle then jump down and supervise from the
floor...she's an ex-stray, and likes to keep her dignity. so i think i will
have two cuddly babies on my hands....as siamese often attach to one person,
i will laugh if one decides DH is His or Her hoomin...he's not a cat person,
but the right cat would change that i think....all our cats have been my
owner very decidedly. I think Jasmine is ready for it, as she is secure
enough with us now, and not the jealous type. she is very relaxed and
independant, preferring quality time to quantity time. I rather think she
will enjoy having someone to play with as she often tries to play with me or
the dogs as if we are cats, and still has a lot of the hoolikitten about
her. so I am not too worried about her, but will be going gently with the
newcomers, as this is my first experience with the breed and these two are
quite shy. I picked cougher as she is also very relaxed...except where food
is concerned, and she isn't overly possessive or aggressive, so she and
Jasmine should get on ok, and the boy is a big smooch, so he'll be fine. Can
you tell I'm excited? I'llbe out tomorrow shopping for them, and then I'll
be busy supervising the introduction, so I won't be on for a few days...I'll
probably be back on next monday, and I'll let you know!

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway