OT Colonoscopy tomorrow (Friday)

Old November 6th 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default OT Colonoscopy tomorrow (Friday)

Well Mike I will say a prayer and have the pack send some purrs to make sure
you are still clean

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Matthew asked:

Mike can I ask why so many in the last
18 months

On the first one they removed three pollups that were "marginal" so the
doctor wanted to make sure everything was still OK.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old November 6th 09, 09:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"NettieCat" wrote in message
On 5 Nov, 19:46, (---MIKE---) wrote:
For the record, I am not a "virgin". This will be my third colonoscopy
in a year and a half (my doctor still has a few boat payments to make).
I am about half way through the prep.

---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Good luck with it. I had an endoscopy a few years ago, and was careful
to ask if they used the same tubes going up as they use going down.
They assured me that they don't, and that everything is carefully
sterilised between patients. There was an elderly lady next to me who
was getting the 'going up' treatment, and she looked really miserable
about it, especially when she confided to me that it was her 70th
birthday.

***

What a way to spend a birthday! I went skydiving on my 70th.

Joy

Old November 6th 09, 12:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

have you ever read dave berries take on this? Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
The subject tells it all. Today I am consuming large quantities of vile
tasting liquids and eating nothing solid. Also, I am not getting to far
from the throne room! At least the cats are happy that I will be home
all day.

Old November 6th 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

It was done early this morning. Two pollups removed and the doctor wants
to see me again in three years. The only discomfort (pain) was the
insertion of the IV. I have been ordered to take it easy the rest of
today.

Old November 6th 09, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

---MIKE--- wrote:
It was done early this morning. Two pollups removed and the doctor wants
to see me again in three years. The only discomfort (pain) was the
insertion of the IV. I have been ordered to take it easy the rest of
today.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Well, at least you won't have to keep trotting to the throne room today.
Did the polyps test OK? Best wishes. MLB
Old November 7th 09, 10:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

glad it went well, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

Old November 8th 09, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default I had to evil laugh

On Nov 5, 10:48*am, "Matthew"
wrote:

I have to add * one * what no flowers doc *you going farther than I go on
the first date ;-)

Or as Dave said when he had a rectal :"What's wrong with starting with
a little kiss?"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old November 20th 09, 12:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

It's all in the drugs for those sort of things.

I have heard people talk about their choice of drugs for tests and such but
never really understood until my heart attack. Now, if asked, I would have
to say my choice of drug would be morphine (?). I was filling up with
fluid and my heart was pounding like an old old oil well. They said they
were going to give me something and the next thing I knew it was like warm
syrup running all through my veins. Then, they gave me lasix and ruined the
whole thing!
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On Nov 5, 6:54 am, (---MIKE---) wrote:
The subject tells it all. Today I am consuming large quantities of vile
tasting liquids and eating nothing solid. Also, I am not getting to far
from the throne room! At least the cats are happy that I will be home
all day.

---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

From my own experience, prep is the worst part of the colonoscopy. I
had some vile "lemon/lime" flavor. Liquids the day before (white
liquids mind you), and 1/2 the bottle in the evening, the other 1/2
first thing in the morning ((((((shudder))))).

You have my sympathies on the prep. May the procedure go well for
you, and may you get an "all clear" reading.

Versed (conscious sedation) isn't bad, I remember the doc asking if
I'd like him to fluff my pillow for me, me saying, no it's fine, and
that was the end of my memory of the event (but I was technically
awake, they said).

Old November 20th 09, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Nov 20, 3:12*am, "Granby" wrote:
*Then, they gave me lasix and ruined the
whole thing!

Years ago my mum decided that I didn't have puppy fat I had "water
retention" and she got her hands on some Lasix from a friend of hers
and made me take it as this was the weekend when my dad was
redecorating the bathroom and the toilet was disconnected from the
water supply I suspect it was an act of sadism on her part

Old November 20th 09, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

If you think the pills wee fun, you should do the stuff they run through
your veins. Next day they gave me potassium all day.
"Lesley" wrote in message
On Nov 20, 3:12 am, "Granby" wrote:
Then, they gave me lasix and ruined the
whole thing!

Years ago my mum decided that I didn't have puppy fat I had "water
retention" and she got her hands on some Lasix from a friend of hers
and made me take it as this was the weekend when my dad was
redecorating the bathroom and the toilet was disconnected from the
water supply I suspect it was an act of sadism on her part

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Friday is the day -L. Cat health & behaviour 19 April 13th 07 04:07 PM
OT Black Friday Matthew Cat anecdotes 30 November 24th 06 09:36 AM
Some Friday fun ceb Cat health & behaviour 0 June 24th 05 09:38 PM
OT - Friday was a Sad Day Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 8 May 28th 05 04:33 PM
Gone Friday and Saturday Tanada Cat anecdotes 6 September 24th 04 04:04 AM