Smudge brought home a guest

Old November 9th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Smudge brought home a guest

A couple of nights ago I heard Smudge outside the front door, making
all sorts of odd meowing sounds. I opened the door, but didn't see
her. So I stepped outside and peered around a small cabinet on the
porch, and found her in mid-stalk toward some prey I couldn't see,
which was apparently hiding behind a bunch of empty plant pots. I do
get plenty of spiders out there, so I wished her good luck and went
back inside.

About 10 minutes later, I heard her meowing to come in, so I opened
the door again, but NOT the screen door. I wanted to make sure she
wasn't going to bring any creepy crawlies into the house. So I said,
"Look at me, Smudge, let me see your mouth!" She meowed, and dropped
the prey that she indeed had in her mouth - a fat little mouse or
baby rat, which went scurrying off. Thank god I had the presence of
mind not to open the door!

She went scurrying off after it, so it was a while before I heard
her meowing to be let in again. (Which I didn't do before a thorough
check!)

Joyce
Old November 11th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
[...]

Boyfie sends his congratulations and regards to Smudge, obviously a mighty
hunter like himself (unless it's raining..) then the spare bed calls him to
guard it.

Tweed

Old November 11th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

wrote

"Look at me, Smudge, let me see your mouth!" She meowed, and dropped
the prey that she indeed had in her mouth - a fat little mouse or
baby rat, which went scurrying off.

Boyfie sends his congratulations and regards to Smudge, obviously a mighty
hunter like himself (unless it's raining..) then the spare bed calls him to
guard it.

A salute back to Boyfie from Smudge - who, until just a minute ago was
curled up in my arms while I played Bubbels. Yes, she is definitely
the hunter of my group. Licky has potential, too, but he's never going
to be an indoor/outdoor cat, so we'll never know for sure.

It's a bit rainy here, too, which is probably why Smudge is in here
instead of stalking the wild streets.

Joyce
Old November 11th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

Both great anecdotes! Thanks, Joyce and Christina.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek