No gray hairs yet *but*....

Old October 13th 05, 05:07 PM
JBHajos

Default No gray hairs yet *but*....

Speckles is determined to give me a few. She's doing fine, enjoying
her baby-food diet, getting stronger, forgiving us for the indignities
inflicted. She has begun crawling into bed with me about 5:00 a.m.
This morning, after feeding and giving Hobo his insulin, I prepared
Speck's breakfast and took it to the bed for her. She wasn't there.
I looked in all the places she'd normally go, no Speckles. I looked
in all the places she'd *not* normally go, no Speckles. I took a
flashlight to every nook and cranny, every spot a cat could hide,
every room in the house, both bathrooms, in open and closed closets.
Made a thorough search 3-4 times. Thinking she could somehow have
gotten out, I searched front and back yards, walked up and down the
street a couple times. Oh, god, we've lost Speckles - she needs food
and medication. After over an hour of looking and calling, I was
beside myself; needed a bathroom break and when I went in, for some
reason, I moved the shower curtain aside, and there she was in all her
glory!!! Sleeping in the tub. Of *course* the last place I'd look!!
Giving me a look of "Hi, what's up? You looking for me?" she bounced
out and all was right with her/our world again. Poor kitty, since
her operation she can't "meow", can manage a barely audible "mew", so
if she answered my calls, I hadn't heard her. Gotta go check my head
for gray hairs.

Jeanne
Jeanne Hajos
spamguard u is i, and not is net)
===
"Anger improves nothing except the arch of a cat's back."
--- Coleman Cox
My SETI team:
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/s...am_125874.html
Old October 13th 05, 05:32 PM
Jo Firey

"JBHajos" wrote in message
[...]

If this is how she is going to behave, I'd just head straight for the
Clairol.

Go Speck

Jo