Toygers, the new cat breed

Old July 6th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
KoningPrint

Default Toygers, the new cat breed

Watch these great new cats:

http://www.toygers.nl

Old July 6th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"KoningPrint" wrote in message
oups.com...
Watch these great new cats:

http://www.toygers.nl

Yeah, just what we need - another greedy breeder adding cats to a world so
overpopulated with cats that thousands are euthanized every day for lack of
a loving home. Do you realize how far $4000 could be stretched by shelters
to take care of cats nobody wants because they aren't "designer" cats (when
the *ONLY* difference is coat color)??!!!

CatNipped

Old July 6th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 6, 12:55 pm, KoningPrint wrote:
Watch these great new cats:

http://www.toygers.nl

Don't even get me started. This breeder should be strung up. That's
one
of the most disgusting articles I've ever read. More designer cats.
That's
just what we need.

Sherry

Old July 6th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 6, 1:49 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
"KoningPrint" wrote in message

oups.com...

Watch these great new cats:

http://www.toygers.nl

Yeah, just what we need - another greedy breeder adding cats to a world so
overpopulated with cats that thousands are euthanized every day for lack of
a loving home. Do you realize how far $4000 could be stretched by shelters
to take care of cats nobody wants because they aren't "designer" cats (when
the *ONLY* difference is coat color)??!!!

CatNipped

Oh, there's probably a bigger difference than just coat color. Along
with your
$4,000 cat, you'll get a plethora of genetic anomalties and health
problems. AFter all,
this breed is "new" and it'll take "a few more years" for Ms. Cat God
to get the kinks
worked out of her new breed.

Sherry

Old July 6th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 6, 3:21 pm, Sherry wrote:
On Jul 6, 12:55 pm, KoningPrint wrote:

Watch these great new cats:

http://www.toygers.nl

Don't even get me started. This breeder should be strung up. That's
one
of the most disgusting articles I've ever read. More designer cats.
That's
just what we need.

Sherry

And I wonder if Ms. Cat God Jerk-Wad herself is the one who spammed
*every* cat group
with this amazing announcement. I said I wasn't going to get started.
But I was in a ****y
mood when I read this post to begin with, and now I just want to choke
the living ****
out of anybody out there who is stupid enough, callous enough,
heartless enough, to
screw with genetics trying to perfect a breed. What happens to the
cast-offs that occurred (and
you know they did).....until this perfect "Toyger"??
Arrgghh. I'm stepping away from the computer now to throw up.

Sherry

Old July 6th 07, 10:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Sherry" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 6, 3:21 pm, Sherry wrote:
[...]

I'm with you on this Sherry. Its awful. If it's any consolation I have
always said that next time I have a vacancy - and I hope that will not be
soon - I will get a cat that no-one wants. An extremely shy feral would fit
in well here.
There is plenty of room for them to be outside around the chicken huts if
they might like to hunt. There are sheds to sleep in if they are too shy to
come inside. Both mine had gone semi-feral, however I am very quiet in my
home and they came in eventually to enjoy the delights of sleeping on the
duvet on the spare bed. And to torment me about "did you say it was time
for breakfast/or/dinner?

Tweed

Old July 6th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Watch these great new cats:
http://www.toygers.nl

Don't even get me started. This breeder should be strung up.
That's one of the most disgusting articles I've ever read.
More designer cats. That's just what we need.

I used to think that way, but one experience has made me reconsider.
My Muriel is 17 and has had next to no health problems at all, prior
to getting cancer a few months ago. She's still bouncing around like
a cat half her age. Virtually nobody seeing her for the first time
guesses her age within ten years. We got her from somebody who got
her from the cat and dog home, but she's obviously a British Shorthair
silver tabby, and an exceptionally beautiful example of the breed.
The breeders who produced her must have not only created the coat
and body shape they wanted, they also eliminated a whole lot of bad
health genes as well. I'd consider getting another one direct from
a breeder: in the long run, the saving on vet's bills would outweigh
the cost of a rather expensive kitten (they cost more than Persians).

The site says there are 350 Toyger breeders. That's a pretty large
gene pool, comparable to some whole species like gorillas and right
whales.

Old July 7th 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 13:49:57 -0500, "CatNipped"
yodeled:

"KoningPrint" wrote in message
roups.com...
Watch these great new cats:

http://www.toygers.nl

Yeah, just what we need - another greedy breeder adding cats to a world so
overpopulated with cats that thousands are euthanized every day for lack of
a loving home. Do you realize how far $4000 could be stretched by shelters
to take care of cats nobody wants because they aren't "designer" cats (when
the *ONLY* difference is coat color)??!!!

CatNipped

I agree with you, Lori. I love all cats, and have a lot of difficulty
seeing them merely as objects, or property, or status symbols.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old July 7th 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"KoningPrint" wrote in message
oups.com...
Watch these great new cats:

http://www.toygers.nl

OK I looked expecting to see unusual cats. I think Bengalis are gorgeous
although I wouldn't have one on a bet.

But someone correct me if I'm wrong. But don't we already HAVE tiger
stripped cats? Lots and lots of tiger striped cats? Darn near everything I
saw had pretty much the same marking you can see at animal shelters every
day.

And I didn't see a one in their lot of experiments that had what anyone
without a great deal of imagination could call an orange background with
black stripes anyway.

Now I'm going to feed my perfectly good orange and white and tabby calico.

Old July 7th 07, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 17:20:58 -0700, jofirey wrote:

"KoningPrint" wrote in message
oups.com...
Watch these great new cats:

http://www.toygers.nl

OK I looked expecting to see unusual cats. I think Bengalis are gorgeous
although I wouldn't have one on a bet.

But someone correct me if I'm wrong. But don't we already HAVE tiger
stripped cats? Lots and lots of tiger striped cats? Darn near everything
I saw had pretty much the same marking you can see at animal shelters
every day.

And I didn't see a one in their lot of experiments that had what anyone
without a great deal of imagination could call an orange background with
black stripes anyway.

Now I'm going to feed my perfectly good orange and white and tabby calico.

I, personally like the one with the grapefruit helmet. MLB