Peeing all over the place

Old December 10th 03, 04:35 PM
Wendy

Default Peeing all over the place

Tiggy's not happy. She has peed in the bedroom, living room, bathroom and
outside her box in the kitchen. She just went to the vet last week and
doesn't have a medical problem other than the arthritis and just being old
and crotchety. We have her on Cosequin and it seems to be helping - she's
actually grooming herself again. I cleaned the carpeting with the stuff to
remove the odor. I have a feliway diffuser running. I covered the spot she
used in the bedroom and she just moved out into the living room to do her
thing. I haven't caught her in the act but I'm almost certain it's her as
Isabelle doesn't go in the bedroom (where it started) and the volume of
urine is too large to be from Boots.

Any suggestions?

Wendy

Old December 11th 03, 02:35 AM
Annie Wxill

"Wendy" wrote in message
....I'm almost certain it's her as
Isabelle doesn't go in the bedroom (where it started) and the volume of
urine is too large to be from Boots.

Any suggestions?

Wendy

Ask your vet about a substance you can feed to Tiggy that will color her
urine. That would either confirm or eliminate her as a suspect.
I've never used it, but your vet should know what it's called. Also, you
might want to ask if it stains carpet or whatever.
Good luck,
Annie

Old December 11th 03, 10:46 AM
Simon Fitzpatrick

The best I got was Mu (RB) peeing into my video recorder and
shorting out the electronics. Now that was cat film critic.

Admittedly it was a silly movie. But the reaction was worth it.

Old December 11th 03, 01:21 PM
Iain & Deb

In article , says...

"Iain & Deb" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Tiggy's not happy. She has peed in the bedroom, living room, bathroom and
outside her box in the kitchen. She just went to the vet last week and
doesn't have a medical problem other than the arthritis and just being old
and crotchety. We have her on Cosequin and it seems to be helping - she's
actually grooming herself again. I cleaned the carpeting with the stuff to
remove the odor. I have a feliway diffuser running. I covered the spot she
used in the bedroom and she just moved out into the living room to do her
thing. I haven't caught her in the act but I'm almost certain it's her as
Isabelle doesn't go in the bedroom (where it started) and the volume of
urine is too large to be from Boots.

Any suggestions?

Wendy

Her arthritis may have been making her uncomfortable when she was in the
litter box, and now she's associating that discomfort with the box; a cat
that won't groom herself is probably in a fair bit of pain. Now that
she's feeling a bit better (cosequin's great stuff, isn't it?) perhaps
you could try a new litter box, with fresh litter. Maybe she'll claim it
as hers. I don't know if it'll work, but it's what I would try.

Deb

--
"Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store."
-- Theodor Seuss Geisel

I'll have to try a new litter box. Should I put it near the old one or in a
new location?

Wendy

I'd not put it too near the other, in case she associates them. First
try putting it in a secluded spot, and showing it to her. If she doesn't
use it, you could try putting the new box on a spot where she's urinated,
and then gradually move it to a more secluded spot if she accepts it.

If this doesn't work, don't give up! There are other options.

Deb