ARCHER!!!!

Old December 15th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default ARCHER!!!!

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message

That kitten is going to be the death of me (or him) yet! He is SUCH a
KLUTZ and he is into everything. This morning I was in my office, which
is off the garage on the other side from the main house, reading the
group and petting Ozzy who was laying in my lap. All of sudden we heard
a HUGE CRASH. I jumped three inches and Ozzy left tread marks down my
legs trying to get out of the way of the house falling down around us (or
so it seemed from the sound). I saw an orange streak out of the corner
of my eye - Archer running like all the demons in h*ll were on his tail.

I know you didn't find this funny, but I couldn't help but laugh at this.
What a rambunctious little MONSTER!! He brings the word "hoolikitten" to
a whole new level.

Glad everything's OK... more or less. Purrs for everyone's nerves
(especially yours and Ozzy's), and that Archer doesn't kill himself
before he's old enough to stop pulling all these death-defying
maneuvers.

Joyce
Old December 15th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message

[...]

I know, huh!? He is so tiny (well, tiny compared to Ozzy, 11 pounds, or
Sammy, 20 pounds - he weighs the same as Jessie and Demi, 7.5 pounds) - how
the heck did he manage to more that heavy ladder. He had to have had some
help from the mothership - teleportation or something! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Joyce

Old December 15th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Gramby and usens three second dat motion. Piglet likin diz idearment.
"Lesley" wrote in message
On 15 Dec, 10:47, Mark Edwards wrote:

He's just practicing his rendition of the Night Before Christmas:

"When in the garage, there arose such a clatter that Ozzy left treadmarks
on poor old sweet Mater..."

For that, Mark, you have to come up with the full version of Night
Before Christmas as sung by Ozzy

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old December 15th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 15 Dec, 12:22, "CatNipped" wrote:

He is so tiny (well, tiny compared to Ozzy, 11 pounds, or
Sammy, 20 pounds - he weighs the same as Jessie and Demi, 7.5 pounds) - how
the heck did he manage to more that heavy ladder. He had to have had some
help from the mothership - teleportation or something! ;

We have a 12 foot stepladder inside the house - nowhere outside to put
it and with tall ceilings it was the first thing we brought when we
moved

And Dunzi knocked it over for the first time (there have been so many
more) when she was about 8 weeks old and weighed less than 2 pounds!

Old December 16th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley wrote:

On 15 Dec, 12:22, "CatNipped" wrote:

He is so tiny (well, tiny compared to Ozzy, 11 pounds, or
Sammy, 20 pounds - he weighs the same as Jessie and Demi, 7.5 pounds) - how
the heck did he manage to more that heavy ladder. He had to have had some
help from the mothership - teleportation or something! ;

We have a 12 foot stepladder inside the house - nowhere outside to put
it and with tall ceilings it was the first thing we brought when we
moved

And Dunzi knocked it over for the first time (there have been so many
more) when she was about 8 weeks old and weighed less than 2 pounds!

They have powerful muscles in their legs, disproportionate to their
size! (At least, disproportionate when compared to other animals.) Don't
let their cuteness fool you.

Joyce
Old December 16th 07, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Dec 15, 1:57 pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

I ran to the door to see what damage he had done this time. It seems he had
decided to climb the metal ladder we have leaning against a wall in the
garage. The ladder was lying on the floor and I can only assume Archer
leaped away in time to prevent it from crushing him. I have NO idea how he
managed to move such a heavy object out and away from the wall on which it
was leaning - it was at a 30 degree angle so he had to push away from the
wall really hard (I had a hard time lifting it back up again!). The ladder
is not leaning against the wall in a safer, sideways position. Archer is
running around, unfazed with his close encounter with death, and Ozzy and I
are still shaking!

Neither of my girls are kittens any longer, but they had a
real attack of the "zoomies" a couple of nights ago. First
they knocked over the floor lamp in my living room
(fortunately it missed the computer monitor, and all the
lightbulbs remained intact and functional). Next I heard a
"crash!" from the bedroom and when I investigated found my
desk lamp on the floor. It's the kind that has various
nooks and crannies for pencils, etc. so all that stuff was
scattered on the floor, wall-to-wall. I love my cats, but
there are times......

Wow. Who needs children? The cats are destructive enough!

Jane
- owned and operated by the less-destructive Princess Rita
Old December 16th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 15 Dec, 15:58, wrote:

They have powerful muscles in their legs, disproportionate to their
size! (At least, disproportionate when compared to other animals.) Don't
let their cuteness fool you.

Ditto rabbits- I know of an incident where a Polish (about 3 pounds in
weight when fully grown) broke a guys ribs with a kick (the back legs
are the most powerful) and I have heard of a larger rabbit kicking
someone in the head and knocking them out