Now Buster is training squirrels!

Old May 23rd 04, 12:20 AM
jmcquown

Default Now Buster is training squirrels!

Mark Edwards wrote:
This morning, I looked out the window to see if Buster had come back
yet.

He had! There he was, sitting right by the pile of food near the door.

I started to open the door, but I noticed that he had a friend - a two
year old (or thereabouts) squirrel. Buster was actually pushing cat
food towards the squirrel, and the squirrel was eating it from his
paws, so to speak.

It is looking more and more like Buster is intelligently taking care
of the local wildlife, rather than just passively allowing them to
share his food.

Hmmm. I wonder if he isn't paying back some old debts (big grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

That's too funny! Pushing the food towards the squirrel... who'da thunk it?
Glad Buster is back and "training" the locals.

Jill

Old May 23rd 04, 01:25 AM

Mark Edwards wrote:

I started to open the door, but I noticed that he had a friend - a two
year old (or thereabouts) squirrel. Buster was actually pushing cat
food towards the squirrel, and the squirrel was eating it from his
paws, so to speak.

He's amazing! I've never heard of a cat doing this. Amazing, too, that
the squirrel isn't afraid of him. What a great kitty.

Joyce

Old May 23rd 04, 03:14 AM
MaryL

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

This morning, I looked out the window to see if Buster had come back
yet.

He had! There he was, sitting right by the pile of food near the door.

I started to open the door, but I noticed that he had a friend - a two
year old (or thereabouts) squirrel. Buster was actually pushing cat
food towards the squirrel, and the squirrel was eating it from his
paws, so to speak.

It is looking more and more like Buster is intelligently taking care
of the local wildlife, rather than just passively allowing them to
share his food.

Hmmm. I wonder if he isn't paying back some old debts (big grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Do you have a camcorder? If so, you should keep it beside the door/window
and try to get some video of this.

MaryL

Old May 23rd 04, 08:32 AM

CATherine wrote:

we all know
all of Mark's cats are not ordinary cats any more than he is ordinary.
He is a cat whisperer and Buster is a wildlife whisperer! Wonderful!

This is true. Between Buster and the amazing resurrecting cat (uh-oh, I
can't remember his name), I have to agree that Mark's cats are not ordinary!

Joyce

Old May 23rd 04, 09:00 AM
Jeanette

Mark Edwards wrote in message

This morning, I looked out the window to see if Buster had come back
yet.

He had! There he was, sitting right by the pile of food near the door.

I started to open the door, but I noticed that he had a friend - a two
year old (or thereabouts) squirrel. Buster was actually pushing cat
food towards the squirrel, and the squirrel was eating it from his
paws, so to speak.

It is looking more and more like Buster is intelligently taking care
of the local wildlife, rather than just passively allowing them to
share his food.

Hmmm. I wonder if he isn't paying back some old debts (big grin).

This is why I love this newsgroup, all these interesting stories of animals
interacting.

Jeanette