What are your furbabies getting for CHRISTmas dinner??

Old December 25th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

Default What are your furbabies getting for CHRISTmas dinner??

Just curious.

Before I head out to my ex's, kids, grandkids, etc I put out a small
can of tuna, some chicken breast strips, jar of chicken and chicken
gravy baby food (Their favorite treat) and a jar of ham and ham gravy
baby food for the 4 of them. Before someone pipes up about this stuff
not being good for them they do not get it all the time. Just as
treats occassionaly and not usually all at once. I is 9:00 AM and I
will most likely be gone 'til about 10:00 PM tonite so they have all
day to eat it.

Oh and I also put out a can of regular cat food also.

Well I have to run and feed my strays their CHRISTmas meal yet also.
They will just get regular cat food but an extra portion. Do not want
to give them the people food and get them to likeing that so they
expect it.

Well you all have a very Merry CHRISTmas out there and be safe
whatever you do.

God bless you all as well as all your furbabies.

Merry CHRISTmas

Old December 27th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
bookie

kraut wrote:
[...]

for gods sake, i feed my puss the odd slice of ham or roast chicken or
whatever all the time, she is currently finishing off a large plate of
roast turkey i brought home with me from lunch yesterday, no ill
effects (anyway it is just pure meat that not processed crap). In fact
i have to buy stuff like ham in specially for her as i am vegetarian
and obviously would not buy it normally , it is only for her as a treat
to help her twice daily pills go down a bit easier, i see no harm in
it. Of course she has her normal tinned cat food every day, but a few
extras won't hurt her, and when she doesn't feel like some ham she
leaves it, in fact she has gone right off tinned tuna now so i don't
bother buying that anymore and that was her choice.

there will eb lots of people reading this no doubt saying right now "oh
you should be feeding her this hugely expensive dry food fromthe vets!
how cruel can you be! blah blah blah" BUT there woudl be no point as
she has no teeth anymore and can't eat that stuff (not interested in it
anyway, i think her previous mum did not give her that stuff so she
doesn't eat it, which would explain why the rescue shelter had to
ermove most of her teeth from decay. The cats teeth, not the cats
previous mum's teeth, let's not get confused here.) so i give her
tinned soft stuff instead. Also she is 16, she may have a year or so
left, she has hyperthyroidism already, stuff is going to start failing
inside her body soon, she has had a hard time with her and her cat
friends being rescued from a house last year when some old dear died
and then spending ages in a shelter waiting for some gullible fool like
me to come along and take her home, then havign to spend a few months
training me up to the standards she expects of her human slaves which
is no doubt pretty stressful and only now afer 18 months am i nearly
getting up to speed with all her wants and needs. So after all that i
think i am entitled to pamper her for her final months and she deserves
it, and if she fancies some roast chicken slices fromthe deli counter
at the supermarket then she has some, or ham, or maybe some slices of
roast beef, or a few peeled prawns, or whatever.

so feel free to spoil your furbabies, they deserve it after having to
share their house with you (you may pay the bills etc but still doesn't
mean it is yours), why have cats if you aren't going to spoil them?

Bookie

Old December 27th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meeee

Well they shared some small bits of ham with us, then got all the crunchy
and smooshy bits of the prawns (I'm still finding prawn heads behind stuff)
liz