The pirate dogs appear

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 26th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^

Default The pirate dogs appear

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:50:46 -0800, Amelia T Cat's nimble, little paws
typed:

[With that Sammy and Amelia fire both trebuchets. Dozens of rawhide bones,
jingle balls, and pingpong balls fly toward the pirate ship. Those from
Sammy's launcher pass low over the ship and fall into the water on the
other side. Those from Amelia's launcher fall just a few feet short, just
missing the nearest rail. The pirate dogs, seeing so many yummy and fun
toys streaking past, can't help themselves; they begin leaping over the
railing, into the water, chasing toys. In a matter of minutes, the water
around the pirate ship is churning with playful dogs. A few of the older
dogs tire quickly, swim to the shore, and fall asleep.

[The Pirate captain, seeing his crew yapping and playing in the water
begins to bark orders at them, which they ignore. The yapping, however
awakens Mercurio, who is napping alone on the beach. He stretches and
yawns...]

Suddenly, the ship jostles, and bounces - seemingly for no reason at
all, and the captain is thrown about five feet over the railing,
landing unceremoniously in shallow water. He yaps at his crew who is
still ignoring him, and climbs back on the ship where he yaps at the
cabin-pup: "Boy, bring me a blanket and my pipe and pouch of 'baccy. I
needs to sort this out over a smoke!"

Back on shore, Chester walks over to Mercurio, to see if the lone
kitty is OK, only to notice that many crabs are scampering up the side
of the ship. (Chester thinks to himself: "Gee I didn't know dat
crabbies cud do dat...") "Hihi Mr. Mercurio, is you OK offur heer?"

"Ah, Chester, [headbutt], yes, I am fine, but a little hungry. Would
you bring me a duzzen oysterz an a glass ov dat Belgian nip-ale,
pleeze?"

Chester now sees the crabs scampering about on the deck, and
consider's Mercurio's request, thinking to himself: "Boy dis iz
sertainly a strange day, awl kindz ov odd tings iz happenink, and now
he wantz fuds while we is unner attak..." But being a well-behaved
boy-cat, Chester turns to get food for Mercurio. He takes a few steps
and hears howls; he turns and sees about a dozen crabs attached to the
captain's ears and tail, with the captain jumping up and down...

Mercurio catches Chester's eye: "Why don't you bring back a duzzen
fur yourownself too; we can eat then here together while we watch..."
Mercurio says with what seems to be a twinkle in his eye...

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
2/26/2007 3:12:37 PM