I trapped the cat 15 minutes ago!

Old February 18th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default I trapped the cat 15 minutes ago!

Someone here made the suggestion of putting the cat carrier outside
and having her go in to get the food. So I put out the carrier about
an hour ago, knowing that she always comes by just as it gets dark.
When I saw here (I'm pretty sure it's a her), I went out and put the
food into the carrier. She was suspicious but went in and I closed the
door and she is now in the Cat Introduction Room, still in the
carrier.

I'm put some litter into a paper tray as was suggested, and will put
that into the carrier when dinner is done. She isn't happy but she
isn't crying either. I'm hoping that she isn't a mommy with babies to
feed but it is the middle of the winter so that isn't too likely.

Tomorrow I take her to the vet for neutering and tests and shots. Then
we see how Espy and Nipsy take to her, and whether she wants to stay
inside with them.
Old February 19th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Sun, 18 Feb 2007 23:59:40 GMT, dgk wrote:

Tomorrow I take her to the vet for neutering and tests and shots. Then
we see how Espy and Nipsy take to her, and whether she wants to stay
inside with them.

Fantastic work! I hope once she's back from getting spayed that she
realizes she's struck the jackpot with you and never wants to leave.

--
Lynne
Old February 19th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Annie Wxill

"dgk" wrote in message
....I went out and put the food into the carrier. She was suspicious but went
in and I closed the
door and she is now in the Cat Introduction Room, still in the
carrier.

Hi dgk,
Great job! Maybe you'll get lucky and she will have a spay scar and you'll
only have to pay for vaccinations. I suggest that you also have the vet
apply Revolution or something similar for fleas and worms.

Good luck with your introductions.

Annie

Old February 19th 07, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"dgk" wrote :

Tomorrow I take her to the vet for neutering and tests and shots. Then
we see how Espy and Nipsy take to her, and whether she wants to stay
inside with them.

Congrats on getting her so easily. I hope she becomes a member of the
inside family--but either way, you are saving her a lot of pain and putting
your money where your heart is--to help this cat, and keep her (or him!)
from creating more cats to suffer and die.

Old February 19th 07, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 16:19:05 -0800, "Annie Wxill"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
...I went out and put the food into the carrier. She was suspicious but went
in and I closed the
door and she is now in the Cat Introduction Room, still in the
carrier.

Hi dgk,
Great job! Maybe you'll get lucky and she will have a spay scar and you'll
only have to pay for vaccinations. I suggest that you also have the vet
apply Revolution or something similar for fleas and worms.

Good luck with your introductions.

Annie

Well, vaccinations and tests. I have to wait for the HIV and FLK
before I allow any interaction with the boys. It would be nice if she
was already neutered but then I have to worry that she already belongs
to someone. Still, why would she be running around in 15F weather and
eating like a little horse if that was the case?

Old February 19th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gail

She is probably not owned by anyone. Plenty of cats are spayed but become
strays through neglect.
Gail
"dgk" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 16:19:05 -0800, "Annie Wxill"
wrote:

. ..

Old February 19th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 18:59:40 -0500, dgk wrote:

[...]

Purrs that things work out well. MLB

Old February 19th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Annie Wxill

"dgk" wrote in message
...It would be nice if she was already neutered but then I have to worry
that she already belongs to someone. Still, why would she be running
around in 15F weather and
eating like a little horse if that was the case?

Well, I hadn't thought of the possibility she had been pre-owned, but she
does sound that she has been acting more like a stray than a feral. A stray
could also be running around unspayed. And a feral could have been spayed
and then released.

Whatever her past, I'll bet she'll be happy to be warm and well fed.

Annie

Old February 19th 07, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
kraut

[...]

Congrats and thank you so much for careing and worrying about this
cat.

Prayers and purrs are on the way for all there. Good luck and God
bless.