something's strange ...

Old January 11th 05, 06:34 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

Default something's strange ...

This morning, I found Oscar sprawled out, belly on display, on her fuzzy cat
bed. Now, I know that Oscar's belly is purely used as a lure for the unwary,
but I couldn't help myself. I reached out and gently skritched her belly a
few times before coming to my senses and withdrawing.

The weird thing? She didn't claw. She didn't freak out. She ... let me
touch her belly. Her exposed, vulnerable belly!

Something's up.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 11th 05, 06:39 PM
jmcquown

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
This morning, I found Oscar sprawled out, belly on display, on her
fuzzy cat bed. Now, I know that Oscar's belly is purely used as a
lure for the unwary, but I couldn't help myself. I reached out and
gently skritched her belly a few times before coming to my senses and
withdrawing.

The weird thing? She didn't claw. She didn't freak out. She ...
let me touch her belly. Her exposed, vulnerable belly!

Something's up.

She *wants* something... she lulling you into that sense of security so she
can then demand tuna or something. And you'll give in, too, because she let
you do that!

Jill

Old January 11th 05, 06:54 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-11, jmcquown penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

The weird thing? She didn't claw. She didn't freak out. She ... let me
touch her belly. Her exposed, vulnerable belly!

Something's up.

She *wants* something... she lulling you into that sense of security so she
can then demand tuna or something. And you'll give in, too, because she let
you do that!

I'm sure I'll consider it a fair trade, too!

Old January 11th 05, 07:32 PM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:34:32 -0700, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

This morning, I found Oscar sprawled out, belly on display, on her fuzzy cat
bed. Now, I know that Oscar's belly is purely used as a lure for the unwary,
but I couldn't help myself. I reached out and gently skritched her belly a
few times before coming to my senses and withdrawing.

The weird thing? She didn't claw. She didn't freak out. She ... let me
touch her belly. Her exposed, vulnerable belly!

Something's up.

She is probably happy and contented. Congratulations. MLB
Old January 11th 05, 07:46 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-11, mlbriggs penned:

She is probably happy and contented. Congratulations. MLB

Optimist =P

Old January 11th 05, 09:52 PM
mlbriggs

On 2005-01-11, mlbriggs penned:

She is probably happy and contented. Congratulations. MLB

Optimist =P

Perhaps. Every time TuTu climbs in my lap for her daily grooming, after a
few minutes she turns on her back, belly up, hind legs up and wide for me
to give her a complete belly grooming. It can happen, just keep doing
what you are doing. MLB
PS - she also gives kisses when asked for them.
Old January 11th 05, 10:04 PM
Karen

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news

On 2005-01-11, mlbriggs penned:

She is probably happy and contented. Congratulations. MLB

Optimist =P

Perhaps. Every time TuTu climbs in my lap for her daily grooming, after a
few minutes she turns on her back, belly up, hind legs up and wide for me
to give her a complete belly grooming. It can happen, just keep doing
what you are doing. MLB
PS - she also gives kisses when asked for them.

I want to see a picture of TuTu. I've always wondered what she looks like.
She sounds so cute.

Old January 11th 05, 10:06 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-11, mlbriggs penned:

Perhaps. Every time TuTu climbs in my lap for her daily grooming, after a
few minutes she turns on her back, belly up, hind legs up and wide for me to
give her a complete belly grooming. It can happen, just keep doing what you
are doing. MLB PS - she also gives kisses when asked for them.

I'll be very happy if she's ever this trusting, but I'm not holding my breath.
She's a very good girl already; at least, she is in my mind.

Old January 11th 05, 10:30 PM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:04:17 -0600, Karen wrote:

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news

On 2005-01-11, mlbriggs penned:

She is probably happy and contented. Congratulations. MLB

Optimist =P

Perhaps. Every time TuTu climbs in my lap for her daily grooming, after a
few minutes she turns on her back, belly up, hind legs up and wide for me
to give her a complete belly grooming. It can happen, just keep doing
what you are doing. MLB
PS - she also gives kisses when asked for them.

I want to see a picture of TuTu. I've always wondered what she looks like.
She sounds so cute.

I only have a poloroid camera and I really do not know how to post a
picture....(yet). She is a large, round, mixed tabby.. Her fur is ticked
rather than striped and it goes from brown in places to black. She has
white around her mouth and under her chin and her whole belly is white
medium long hair. She has four white feet. The soles of her back feet
are black and she has a racoon tail. She weighs 15 1/2 pounds. I adopted
her at Petsmart about 7 years ago when she was about six to eight months
old. When she was brought into my home, she took a walk slowly around the
place and made herself at home. MLB

Old January 11th 05, 10:40 PM
Karen

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:04:17 -0600, Karen wrote:

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news

On 2005-01-11, mlbriggs penned:

[...]

Awww. Well she sounds awful cute. I hope sometime somebody will take a