Simeon's Home

Old April 18th 04, 03:17 AM
Tanada

Default Simeon's Home

Simeon, our adoptive son who's name I added to the Christmas card list
came home at 4 am Friday morning. His biological dad had driven over
from Washington State and Rob, Mandy, and I were there to greet him. He
looks good, though his skin is a bright red which makes that red hair of
his look ginger colored.

Simeon said he had to go to Sears with his dad, so I asked him to give
me some ball park figures on a kitchen stove, so that I would have one
less place to price them at. They did some looking and Sim came home
with some figures for me. I thought great, about $4-600 for a stove
looks about right, but lets see what else is out there. After all we
have some money coming back from taxes.

So today I get a phone call from Simeon, saying he needs me to advise
him about some clothing purchases. I've been trying to get him to
change his image from the merely goofy to something a girl would be more
interested in. So Rob and I show up to meet Simeon and his dad and they
take us to Sears and tell us that they've bought us a stove, they just
want me to pick it out. We argued with them for over a half hour.

Sears is delivering my new stove on Tuesday. We will have to pull the
old drop in stove out, install a pigtail receptacle, and cut away four
inches of counter, which is doable because there is about four inches of
extension on the cupboards that can be removed and the stove fitted in.
What am I going to do with that kid and his dad?

So Rob and I are talking about getting us a third computer and giving
this one to Rob as most of the games he plays are on it, and I will get
the new one for the net and classes, if I can get my butt back into
school.

Pam S. bemused

Old April 18th 04, 04:40 AM
Jeanne Hedge

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 02:17:39 GMT, Tanada wrote:

Simeon, our adoptive son who's name I added to the Christmas card list
came home at 4 am Friday morning. His biological dad had driven over
from Washington State and Rob, Mandy, and I were there to greet him. He
looks good, though his skin is a bright red which makes that red hair of
his look ginger colored.

snip

Congratulations on your new stove!

And please give Simeon a big "thank you" from me.

Although people may or may not agree with the reasons he was sent
there, it's great to have people like him giving service to the
country, and even better to hear he's safely home.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

Old April 18th 04, 03:31 PM
Victor Martinez

Awwww... you deserve this Pam, and more. Isn't Karma a wonderful thing?

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 18th 04, 03:31 PM
Victor Martinez

Old April 18th 04, 07:03 PM
jmcquown

Tanada wrote:
Simeon, our adoptive son who's name I added to the Christmas card list
came home at 4 am Friday morning.

Glad he's back! Did he enjoy getting the cards? I kept thinking I waited
too long to get mine there in time for Christmas.

[...]

Too cool! A free new stove and only some minor retrofitting to pay for.
That's so nice! Of course, there aren't a whole lot of things to spend your
paycheck on in the Middle East.

So Rob and I are talking about getting us a third computer and giving
this one to Rob as most of the games he plays are on it, and I will
get the new one for the net and classes, if I can get my butt back
into school.

Pam S. bemused

Wonderful! Dell has some great deals right now.

Jill

Old April 18th 04, 08:38 PM
Bev

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 02:17:39 GMT, Tanada wrote:

Simeon, our adoptive son who's name I added to the Christmas card list
came home at 4 am Friday morning. His biological dad had driven over
from Washington State and Rob, Mandy, and I were there to greet him. He
looks good, though his skin is a bright red which makes that red hair of
his look ginger colored.

snip

Congratulations on your new stove!

And please give Simeon a big "thank you" from me.

Although people may or may not agree with the reasons he was sent
there, it's great to have people like him giving service to the
country, and even better to hear he's safely home.

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com

Congratulations on the new stove Tell Rob that I am a computer game
addict and can vanish for months into a good game. They are completely
addictive - you just have to go on and finish off one more monster, lol

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.

Old April 19th 04, 07:49 AM
LOL

Tanada wrote in message ink.net...
[...]

Congratulations on the new stove - I have no doubt whatsoever that you
deserve it. :-)

Please give Simeon a WooHoo from us!

------
Krista