Kotyo's check-up - wonderful news

Old May 21st 12, 07:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Default Kotyo's check-up - wonderful news

We just came back from the vet. They took x-rays and there is no air in
his chest cavity after a full week without the chest tube. There is also
no air under his skin. So his trachea has been declared officially
healed, and all drainage tubes removed.

He still has to take 2 different antibiotics, poor guy, because he still
has open wounds on his chest. The vet said that he prefers not to stitch
them closed, to avoid the possibility of an abscess developing under the
stitches.

But he is going to be ok!!!

The most amazing thing is that Kotyo was a perfect angel with the vet.
This has not happened in years and years. He *always* growls at vets,
and hisses and swipes at them. He did it just last Tuesday while the vet
was taking the IV needle out of his paw. But today, he let that same vet
pick him up out of his carrier, carry him to the x-ray room, take 2
x-rays, then take out the 2 tubes from under his skin and remove all the
leftover stitches... And he did not even hiss! And it's not because he's
not feeling well - he has been acting completely like his normal self
for a few days now. I guess he realizes that the vet saved his life.

Thank you everyone for all the purrs, prayers and good wishes. They
worked, and I have my baby boy out of danger.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Old May 21st 12, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Nadia N." wrote:
[...]

That is wonderful. :-) Thanks so much for posting good news.

One day, now Kotyo is getting better, I'd love to read about his moving
from, Canada to Spain.
--
Adrian
Old May 21st 12, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Nadia N." wrote in message
[...]

What a huge relief!

Joy

Old May 21st 12, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On May 21, 11:16*am, "Nadia N." wrote:

But he is going to be ok!!!

More good news I crave it- at the moment I need all the good news I
can get! (Horrible at work though I do have Friday off.....but that's
to go to my uncles funeral)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old May 21st 12, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
On May 21, 11:16 am, "Nadia N." wrote:

But he is going to be ok!!!

More good news I crave it- at the moment I need all the good news I
can get! (Horrible at work though I do have Friday off.....but that's
to go to my uncles funeral)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

***

Purrs for you, Lesley. It sounds as though you need them.

Joy

Old May 22nd 12, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
That Randy Guy

Go **** yourself NOW you ****ing **** piece of ****!

Old May 22nd 12, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Adrian wrote:

That is wonderful. :-) Thanks so much for posting good news.

One day, now Kotyo is getting better, I'd love to read about his moving
from, Canada to Spain.

Thanks, Adrian.

I could write about Kotyo's move from Canada to Spain, but it is not
really all that interesting. It was pretty stressful for him, and I
still feel guilty for putting him through it. But there was nothing else
I could do - it's not like I could leave him behind... Still, I'll try
to write the story one of these days.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
Old May 22nd 12, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Judith Latham wrote:

What fantastic news!!!

What a fantastic cat is Kotyo? To be so good with the vet.

Purrs for the wounds on his chest to heal quickly and well.

Judith

Thanks Judith. He is the best boy kitty ever (just as Sweety is the best
girl kitty ever :-). I just love them both to bits.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
Old May 22nd 12, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Lesley wrote:
On May 21, 11:16 am, "Nadia N." wrote:

But he is going to be ok!!!

More good news I crave it- at the moment I need all the good news I
can get! (Horrible at work though I do have Friday off.....but that's
to go to my uncles funeral)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

So sorry to hear you're going through that. I'll get Kotyo and Sweety to
purr for you. Sweety has an especially loud purr, so the purrs will be
extra-strong.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
Old May 22nd 12, 01:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

Joy wrote:

What a huge relief!

Joy

Yes it is :-)

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Kotyo and Sweety together:
http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/KotyoAndSweety

Wonderful news Licky! [email protected] Cat anecdotes 6 January 26th 10 12:34 AM
wonderful cat art with your cat AZ Nomad Cats - misc 0 November 6th 07 04:06 PM
Wonderful! Mogget Cat anecdotes 1 February 9th 05 04:35 PM
A wonderful day John Biltz Cat anecdotes 3 January 11th 04 08:22 PM
USA posters: CHECK NEWS! Hopitus2 Cat anecdotes 3 December 15th 03 10:57 PM