problems with newsgroups

Old June 26th 12, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default problems with newsgroups

On 6/6/2012 12:08 PM, MaryL wrote:

When I first installed Thunderbird, I made the mistake of clicking on an
option to download settings from my default email. I did that so it
would pick up the correct information for SMTP server, etc.
Unfortunately, that meant that it also picked up all my mailboxes and
mail in that account.

You actually can turn off email in Thunderbird without changing your
settings. This way the settings remain, but it doesn't download your email.

Old June 26th 12, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.com...

On 6/5/2012 10:20 PM, MaryL wrote:

I got rid of Thunderbird. It picked up messages from my private mail
that I do not use for newsgroups and placed them in the online
Thunderbird mail. I do not like that.

Live mail doesn't add quote characters anymore (). It isn't worth
using. I can tutor you on Thunderbird or Xnews though Xnews might not
be to your liking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would love any help you can give me. I am thoroughly disgusted with WLM
(partly because of the lack of quote marks), so if you can help, I would
really appreciate it. I'm not familiar with Xnews, but I am certainly
willing to talk to you about either of those programs. You have my private
mail addy, so please contact me there if you have the time.

MaryL

Old June 26th 12, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.com...

On 6/6/2012 12:08 PM, MaryL wrote:

When I first installed Thunderbird, I made the mistake of clicking on an
option to download settings from my default email. I did that so it
would pick up the correct information for SMTP server, etc.
Unfortunately, that meant that it also picked up all my mailboxes and
mail in that account.

You actually can turn off email in Thunderbird without changing your
settings. This way the settings remain, but it doesn't download your email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
How is that done?

Old June 27th 12, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 6/26/2012 10:47 AM, MaryL wrote:

I wrote:

You actually can turn off email in Thunderbird without changing your
settings. This way the settings remain, but it doesn't download your
email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
How is that done?

You might want to turn off your wireless before you do this so you don't
download emails.

Open Thunderbird
Right click the mail account that you created (on the left navigation
side) and select "settings"

Uncheck two options under Server Settings (should be the first tab
settings opens to) just as in this pictu

http://i46.tinypic.com/28cg9jc.jpg

In case you can't see it, the options both start with "check for new
messages ..." You might as well uncheck the third setting as well
(automatically download new messages).

Newsgroups David Stevenson Cat anecdotes 10 October 15th 09 09:10 PM
Newsgroups OT Bev Cat anecdotes 4 July 2nd 09 03:47 PM
Newsgroups, ot ollie2 Cat anecdotes 13 June 30th 09 06:35 PM
newsgroups rich Cat health & behaviour 4 June 18th 08 08:05 PM
Newsgroups Bev Cat anecdotes 4 August 3rd 06 09:27 AM