OT YAY!!!

Old June 20th 11, 06:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default OT YAY!!!

After hydrotherapy today - which went better than last week, I decided my
car, Mr F, was not parked quite as I like him to be, on my drive. Like June
left him. It's difficult to get into my drive as there is not a drop kerb
in front so I have to go up my neighbour's one and do a skilful reverse
turn.
He was what my grandfather called "skew-whiff" - not straight.
So, fresh from my hydro and my physio not talking about her holidays, I got
into him, and drove him 50 yards down the road, turned him round and
reversed him back into my drive. It did hurt me a lot and I could not have
gone further, tbh, but it gives me real hope now.

The bad news is that the bank machine ate my card. I have heard of it
happening before, but it never happened to me.
Their machine said the transanction is completed and no money came out. I
was reluctant to remove my card as no money came out and I thought if I put
it in again it would think I took twice the amount. No money came out and
the machine swallowed my card for ever.
I went into the shop to explain and ask them to get it out. Apparently they
can't so I have no access to my money.
I am just so lucky irony No sooner does something go right than
something goes wrong.
My sister in law lent me a tenner..
How embarrassing is that?

Tweed

Old June 20th 11, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jun 20, 11:57 am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
After hydrotherapy today - which went better than last week, I decided my
car, Mr F, was not parked quite as I like him to be, on my drive. Like
June
left him. It's difficult to get into my drive as there is not a drop kerb
in front so I have to go up my neighbour's one and do a skilful reverse
turn.
He was what my grandfather called "skew-whiff" - not straight.
So, fresh from my hydro and my physio not talking about her holidays, I
got
into him, and drove him 50 yards down the road, turned him round and
reversed him back into my drive. It did hurt me a lot and I could not have
gone further, tbh, but it gives me real hope now.

arm, not the ATM annoyance)/

I am so happy. Next thing I will be able to shop for food by myself, eh?

Tweed

Old June 20th 11, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

- - - - - - - - - -

Congrats on being able to drive, even if only for a short distance.

Concerning the bank card: Something similar happened to my sister. Those
machines will eat your card unless you remove it very quickly. I don't know
if the process is similar in the UK as the policy in the US, but my sister
found that she could not get a replacement card from the location where it
was "eaten" because that is a branch bank. Instead, she had to go to the
central bank ("headquarters") and fill out an explanation and request for a
new card. She received a replacement in about two weeks.

MaryL

Old June 20th 11, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

That must be a bank policy, rather than a national one. Whenever I've
needed to replace my card (and I did quite recently, when my computer
got a malicious virus), I've been able to walk into any branch to do it.

Joyce

--
May the great galactic kitten always purr you to sleep.
Old June 20th 11, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
[...]

I hope you can get it sorted out easily, when the machine ate my
mother's card she had to visit the bank branch to sort things out.

--
Adrian
Old June 20th 11, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:
[...]

OMG, I buy everything with my card, but luckily, being a belt and brace
person I will not go hungry and nor will Boyfie.
The problem will be with my subscription with news.individual.net for
usenet.

Old June 20th 11, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_3_]

On Jun 20, 4:24*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"MaryL" wrote in message

. ..

wrote:
[...]

Congratulations on maneuvering Mr. F!!!
I'm probably showing my ignorance here but "belt and brace"? I've
never heard that phrase before. What does it mean?

--Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew
Old June 20th 11, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

I would guess it means "belt and suspenders" indicating someone who is very
cautious and doesn't rely on just one means of support/help/aid/etc.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

"Lucys Mom" wrote in message
On Jun 20, 4:24 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"MaryL" wrote in message

. ..

Old June 20th 11, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:

I hope you can get it sorted out easily, when the machine ate my
mother's card she had to visit the bank branch to sort things out.

--
Adrian

My s i l will take me to the bank tomorrow. It's of minor importance to
me, since I DROVE Mr F! OK, not far.But he has been languishing on my drive
since March. June has driven me out in him twice so he does not die. He is
such a good car. Starts first time still, every time. He is elderly, but
he is reliable. Mr F rocks.
Tweed

Old June 20th 11, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:

I hope you can get it sorted out easily, when the machine ate my
mother's card she had to visit the bank branch to sort things out.

--
Adrian

My s i l will take me to the bank tomorrow. It's of minor importance to
me, since I DROVE Mr F! OK, not far.But he has been languishing on my
drive since March. June has driven me out in him twice so he does not
die. He is such a good car. Starts first time still, every time. He is
elderly, but he is reliable. Mr F rocks.
Tweed

So do you. It's good that you're letting your s i l drive you for now,
though. You can afford to wait a while now you know for sure you will be
able to drive. How old is Mr. F?

Joy