Worrying "anti-cat" ad. from Vodafone: campaign against?

Old November 13th 04, 12:47 PM
Tales of Orpheus

Default Worrying "anti-cat" ad. from Vodafone: campaign against?

People,

Should we get hold of both Vodafone and Guardian contact details and
complain about their current ad, running on various pages at
www.guardian.co.uk ? (This ad may be running elsewhere, in other
media.)

The ad:

Pictu

[Home-style photo of adult pet-cat.]

Text:

"'Cat Missing?
I might have it.
Will accept highest cash offer.
Call 07189 323 568'

We have better ideas on how students can save money.

With 250 free texts a month you won't be so broke at the end of term."

It might be argued that inclusion of the line "We have better ideas . .
. " exonerates this ad but it can also be argued that this ad puts a
criminal and very unkind idea in people's minds.