[OT] Challenge!

Old July 1st 04, 06:06 PM
Marina

"Yowie" wrote
Ok Folks, I'm not from the USA and got 20 out of 48. Those little tiny
states up the top right always confuse me....

How did you go?

Heh, I only got 11. I couldn't even find Massachusetts, though I lived there
as a kid. P

--
Marina, missing Frank and Nikki

Old July 1st 04, 07:38 PM
Yoj

That's amazing, Yowie! You are to be applauded. I have trouble with
the little tiny states in the top right myself. ;-)

--
Joy

"You can never do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it
will be too late." _Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
Ok Folks, I'm not from the USA and got 20 out of 48. Those little tiny
states up the top right always confuse me....

How did you go?

http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf

Yowie

Old July 2nd 04, 12:48 AM
TJ and The Z's

I got the same as Tom and had trouble with the damn RI. I feel that I had an
unfair advantage.... the last few weeks of school for my daughter (end of May)
she was working on a geography project... a map of the USA. I had to help her
color that damn thing, put the state names on it AND the capitals! LOL. I am
sure that my old brain will slowly release that info (like a gas coming out of
my ears) by the end of the summer but for today it still seems to be floating
around in there!

TJ and The Z's

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Victor Martinez wrote:
Darn... I got 38... All those square states look the same... ;-)

Tom got 47 right, he says Rhode Island is too small and the arrow to
big...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 2nd 04, 01:22 AM

Yoj wrote:

That's amazing, Yowie! You are to be applauded. I have trouble with
the little tiny states in the top right myself. ;-)

The New England states are the ones I always get right! But then, that's
where I'm from.

The reason I know where every state is is because I've travelled through
just about all of them. On the *ground*. Actually going to a place from
someplace else helps to lodge its location, and its location relative to
other places, in the brain.

Let's see, I know that Victoria is in the eastern part of Australia. And
Tasmania (is that even a state?) is in the north. So don't feel bad, Yowie,
you're doing a lot better than I am at knowing someone else's geography!

Joyce

Old July 2nd 04, 03:41 AM
Victor Martinez

TJ and The Z's wrote:
unfair advantage.... the last few weeks of school for my daughter (end of May)
she was working on a geography project... a map of the USA. I had to help her

No sweat! Tom is a geography nerd, he will spend hours looking at maps.
Weird...

TJ and The Z's

How are the Z's doing?

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

[OT] Soccer Movie Question Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 5 January 13th 04 03:57 PM
[OT] Iron Chef Yowie Cat anecdotes 19 December 23rd 03 06:32 AM
[OT] Just needed to vent - UPDATE 20/11 JA Gory Cat anecdotes 23 November 25th 03 04:33 AM
[OT] Just needed to vent Yowie Cat anecdotes 56 November 23rd 03 07:06 AM