Peppermint tea?

Old May 31st 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Peppermint tea?

On Wed, 31 May 2006 06:51:38 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

William Hamblen wrote:

I had a cat that was greedy for anything I happened to be eating. Once
while eating some raw cucumber I saw the cat licking its chops and broke
off a piece of cucumber for it. It took a sniff and gave me the most
obvious "You've got to be kidding!" expression before it trotted off.

I expected to get that look when Miranda was showing interest in some
raw carrot sticks that I was eating, and I gave her one to sniff. But
no, she licked at it a long time. Couldn't figure out how to eat it,
though. ;o)

Stinky loves the smell of carrots. Like a lot of herbs and veggies,
it seems to make him slightly stoned.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old May 31st 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:

Stinky loves the smell of carrots. Like a lot of herbs and veggies,
it seems to make him slightly stoned.

LOL! He's such a character.

Old May 31st 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue, 30 May 2006 09:52:55 -0500, Karen wrote:

Pearl wants to drink some of my peppermint tea! Is peppermint tea ok for cats?

I used to have a cat, Geesha, who didn't care much for catnip, but
loved spearmint instead! It never hurt her. Catnip is in the same
family and peppermint and spearmint, and the mint family is pretty
benign in general.

HTH

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)
Old May 31st 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:

Stinky loves the smell of carrots. Like a lot of herbs and veggies,
it seems to make him slightly stoned.

LOL! He's such a character.

Pearl always wants to smell everything, but some spices make her gag. She
will come sniff my food, gag, and then come back to sniff more! Silly
creature.

Old May 31st 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 31 May 2006 18:51:00 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

Kreisleriana wrote:

Stinky loves the smell of carrots. Like a lot of herbs and veggies,
it seems to make him slightly stoned.

LOL! He's such a character.

I had once made myself a nice potato-mushroom soup with lots of dill,
and he sat there beside the bowl while I was eating it, inhaling the
vapors. He put his face closer and closer to the bowl, and started to
sway a little bit. He got his whiskers wet! I made him get down
because I didn't want him falling into the hot soup.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old May 31st 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-31, Kreisleriana penned:

I had once made myself a nice potato-mushroom soup with lots of
dill, and he sat there beside the bowl while I was eating it,
inhaling the vapors. He put his face closer and closer to the bowl,
and started to sway a little bit. He got his whiskers wet! I made
him get down because I didn't want him falling into the hot soup.

Is there a recipe for that soup?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old May 31st 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 31 May 2006 14:35:57 -0600, "Monique Y. Mudama"
yodeled:

On 2006-05-31, Kreisleriana penned:

I had once made myself a nice potato-mushroom soup with lots of
dill, and he sat there beside the bowl while I was eating it,
inhaling the vapors. He put his face closer and closer to the bowl,
and started to sway a little bit. He got his whiskers wet! I made
him get down because I didn't want him falling into the hot soup.

Is there a recipe for that soup?

Let me check. It's been a long time since I made it.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 1st 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-05-31, Kreisleriana penned:

I had once made myself a nice potato-mushroom soup with lots of
dill...

Is there a recipe for that soup?

Speaking of recipes, I want a recipe for that banana pudding with the
Nilla wafers and so forth!

Joyce