Whiskas Cat Food

Old March 9th 07, 05:53 PM posted to alt.animals.cat,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Scott Buchanan

Default Whiskas Cat Food

My Indy ate Friskies cat food for most of his life. I believe that it is
the best out there but have no facts. On day we ran out of his regular food
and not wanting to go the distance to the regular store I went to the quick
store and chose Whiskas.

He likes to eat it and won't eat his usual food any more. He has put on some
weight with this new food which he does not need.

I am wondering if the Whiskas is as healthy for him as Friskies is.

Thanks for your input.

Old March 9th 07, 06:43 PM posted to alt.animals.cat,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Scott Buchanan" wrote in message
My Indy ate Friskies cat food for most of his life. I believe that it is
the best out there but have no facts. On day we ran out of his regular
food
and not wanting to go the distance to the regular store I went to the
quick
store and chose Whiskas.

He likes to eat it and won't eat his usual food any more. He has put on
some
weight with this new food which he does not need.

I am wondering if the Whiskas is as healthy for him as Friskies is.

Thanks for your input.

I don't feed my cats on Whiskas as I once heard that "get them on Whiskas
and they won't eat anything else." I don't know if it's true but I didn't
want to risk it! You seem to confirm it in the case of Indy.

What I *do* know - because Whiskas is produced at a large factory only 12
miles away from where I live (and I know people who work there) - is that
the nutrition of it is very well researched. They actually employ people,
too, whose job it is to *taste* it. Ewwww.
I am sure Whiskas is fine for your boy. Maybe it has more in than Friskies
and cutting down the portion size might stop him from increasing his weight
too much.

Tweed

Old March 9th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Christina Websell kirjoitti:
[...]

My two, on the other hand, don't eat Whiskas apparenly even if their
life depended on it. I've tried different versions of it, but no go.
They're both Latz-kitties...

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old March 9th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Christine K." wrote in message
Christina Websell kirjoitti:
"Scott Buchanan" wrote in message

My two, on the other hand, don't eat Whiskas apparenly even if their life
depended on it. I've tried different versions of it, but no go. They're
both Latz-kitties...

Is Latz a brand of cat food in Finland? I've never heard of it.

Tweed

Old March 9th 07, 07:39 PM posted to alt.animals.cat,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Here is a great chart with the actual AS FED nutritional information on most
major catfoods. I think you can figure out what you need to do. (I am hoping
this is Whiskas canned, not dry? though there is a dry page also. It is good
to keep your cat on a food that is under 10% carbs if at all possible).

http://www.geocities.com/jmpeerson/canfood.html

Old March 9th 07, 08:29 PM posted to alt.animals.cat,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
studio

On Mar 9, 1:43 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I don't feed my cats on Whiskas as I once heard that "get them on Whiskas
and they won't eat anything else." I don't know if it's true but I didn't
want to risk it! You seem to confirm it in the case of Indy.

I'm glad I don't have that problem with Big Mama.
She'll eat almost any of the dry hardtacks.
I've fed her the different varieties of Purina, Iams, Whiskas,
Friskies and probably
a couple others I can't think of at the moment.
The one thing I do notice is in the size of the hardtack. If it's too
small, she will
swallow many of them whole, which is not good for them to do.

But when it comes to her wet food...Fancy Feast is her favorite.
One time at the grocery store, I was getting her FF tins, and there
was a lady
there looking at all the different varieties trying to make her mind
up which ones
her kitty might like. I said to her; "just buy one of each, she's
bound to like at least one".
My grocery store must have about 30 different types of FF tins there.
(I usually buy 15-24 tins at a time, and get a good mixture...she
likes them all).

What I *do* know - because Whiskas is produced at a large factory only 12
miles away from where I live (and I know people who work there) - is that
the nutrition of it is very well researched. They actually employ people,
too, whose job it is to *taste* it. Ewwww.

I've tasted them before...very bland...but it's mostly just fortified
corn/wheat meal.
Won't hurt you...and may be better than many things people eat.
Ever read about the "food grade plaster" they put in Twinkies?
I would imagine the researchers don't swallow it though if they have
to taste a lot
of it.

Old March 9th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Christina Websell kirjoitti:
"Christine K." wrote in message
Christina Websell kirjoitti:
"Scott Buchanan" wrote in message

My two, on the other hand, don't eat Whiskas apparenly even if their life
depended on it. I've tried different versions of it, but no go. They're
both Latz-kitties...

Is Latz a brand of cat food in Finland? I've never heard of it.

Tweed

Yes, Latz is also one in the Purina family of brands. You seem to have
it with the brand name Felix in the UK, the tuxedo kitty on the tin.
http://www.catslikefelix.co.uk/

Old March 9th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Christine K." wrote in message
Christina Websell kirjoitti:
"Christine K." wrote in message
Christina Websell kirjoitti:
"Scott Buchanan" wrote in message

My two, on the other hand, don't eat Whiskas apparenly even if their
life depended on it. I've tried different versions of it, but no go.
They're both Latz-kitties...

Is Latz a brand of cat food in Finland? I've never heard of it.

Tweed

Yes, Latz is also one in the Purina family of brands. You seem to have it
with the brand name Felix in the UK, the tuxedo kitty on the tin.
http://www.catslikefelix.co.uk/

Ah, yes. Felix is the one brand of cat food that mine like least! The
chunks are too large and firm for KFC, and Boyfie claims that it is not fit
to eat. Put Felix in his dish and he needs to go down the garden
immediately. Let me out, let me out..

Tweed

Old March 9th 07, 10:14 PM posted to alt.animals.cat,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nicolaas Hawkins

On 9 Mar 2007 12:29:33 -0800, studio wrote in
oups.com:

Ever read about the "food grade plaster" they put in Twinkies?
I would imagine the researchers don't swallow it though if they have
to taste a lot
of it.

Plaster? That sounds like it could be a bit of a "set up" :-\

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

.... Ask not the Usenet for counsel, for they will answer 'yes' and 'no'
and 'read the FAQ'
Old March 9th 07, 11:17 PM posted to alt.animals.cat,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Upscale

"Nicolaas Hawkins" wrote in message

Ever read about the "food grade plaster" they put in Twinkies?
I would imagine the researchers don't swallow it though if they have
to taste a lot of it.

Plaster? That sounds like it could be a bit of a "set up" :-\

Sounds like it might be close to what kids use to use for gluing paper
together which is a little flour and water to make a type of paste.