A Pair of Cat's Names

Old May 6th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default A Pair of Cat's Names

Ketzl's Dad wrote:

On Sat, 5 May 2007 18:08:58 -0400, wrote:

In case you have a burning need to know which famous leader you a
http://similarminds.com/leader.html

Joyce

FWIW I got Abe Lincoln.
I guess I won't be going to any plays any time soon.

Nor I to any bunkers.

Joyce
Old May 6th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

Default Weird Pet Names

All the talk about what your grandparents called you when you were a
kid, reminded me that my grandma always called us Squirgee and to this
day, I have no idea if it means anything,but I've called my
granddaughter that a couple times myself....
Kathy aka Squirgee...
Old May 6th 07, 08:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kathy wrote:

All the talk about what your grandparents called you when you were a
kid, reminded me that my grandma always called us Squirgee and to this
day, I have no idea if it means anything,but I've called my
granddaughter that a couple times myself....
Kathy aka Squirgee...

Hmm. Squirgee... Woodgie... there seems to be a certain sonic connection
there.

Joyce
Old May 6th 07, 11:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"Kreisleriana" wrote
I'm Einstein!!!!

Einstein here too

Not too sure about approaching his intellectual ability though.

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old May 6th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Sun, 6 May 2007 06:23:02 -0400, Exocat wrote:

"Kreisleriana" wrote
I'm Einstein!!!!

Einstein here too

Not too sure about approaching his intellectual ability though.

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Awright youse Einsteins: how well do you relate to the following, attributed
to your namesake:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former.
* * *-- Albert Einstein

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old May 7th 07, 08:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

On May 6, 12:19 pm, Kathy wrote:
All the talk about what your grandparents called you when you were a
kid, reminded me that my grandma always called us Squirgee and to this
day, I have no idea if it means anything,but I've called my
granddaughter that a couple times myself....
Kathy aka Squirgee...

My mother used to (and still does on occasion) call me "gogga" or
"goggoitjie", which is grub or "little grub" in Afrikaans (caterpillar-
type grub, not messy person, although both could equally apply). I'm
sure that had *nothing* to do with me becoming an entomologist!

Tish

Old May 7th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt

Cheryl Perkins skrev:

I let a friend's child choose Mandy's name, and I just thought Betsy
looked like a Betsy (when I realized she wasn't a tom!) - solid, sensible,
calm.

The latest cat was named Moses by his rescuer, but I wanted to name him
Sam, partly as a reminder of another black tom I knew years ago who sadly
ended up at the bridge prematurely. He'd been named Satan, which I
disliked, but 'Sam' or 'Sammy' maintains the 'S' sound. I have a soft spot
for neglected tomcats whose roaming nature and tendency to spray tends to
cause thoughtless humans to discard them. Anyway, poor old Satan is long
gone, but I remember him sometimes when scritching the very
Biblically-named Sam/Moses.

I've mentioned Harry-the-Cat before - he's actually titled G - Sir Harry
Smudge The Cat - although he usually goes by simply 'Harry'.

I've noticed that it seems to be more commone these days to give pets
human names. I've always done it, and although I've known one or two
people who don't like the idea of an animal having a human name, I know
more who don't mind; some of whom would actually be honoured if a cat were
named after them!

--
Cheryl

I know an old man named Harry. He calls his cat Potter.
Elisabet

What a pair! Pat Cat anecdotes 3 March 7th 07 02:56 PM
Are your cat's names on the list? Flippy Cat anecdotes 23 November 24th 06 06:07 PM
Sacramento, CA: PAIR OF BEAUTIES - CATS Hi Im WEEniE with MyFav4ite Midi Cat rescue 0 January 30th 05 01:51 PM
Your Cat's Names Rob Riemensnyder Cat anecdotes 144 May 27th 04 08:11 PM
Meowmie bought another pair of shoes... Marina Cat anecdotes 28 May 9th 04 08:21 AM