Catupuncture? Cat acupuncture?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 12th 03, 04:14 PM
Margaret Fine

Default Catupuncture? Cat acupuncture?

I think Oliver is a talented acupuncturist. When I went to bed last
night I felt awful (like I was coming down with something) and had the
start of a terrible headache. The headache got worse and worse as I lay
there and started bordering on migraine status. I felt too bad to even
get out of bed and get any medicine. Little Oliver came up to me and
sort of looked at me intently and then lay down curled up next to me.
He suddenly grabbed my hand in his paws and bit down hard on that little
boney part on the outside of my wrist. It hurt but he didn't break the
skin. Before I could recover from that bite he bit down hard again.
Just as I was about to scold him I realized that my headache was
receding fast, like a plug had been pulled and the pain was draining
away. Oliver looked me over and then snuggled with me, purring loudly.

I could see that his biting me like that could have released some
natural pain killer in the body but how did he know? I suppose it could
have been coincidental but his actions seemed so deliberate and he
really doesn't bite much (or that hard) since he became an adult.

Just another mystery, I guess.
--
Margaret Fine