Followup: Ex-feral kitty

Old February 16th 05, 05:37 PM
beeswing

Default Followup: Ex-feral kitty

I really appreciate all the good advice I got regarding the kitty I am
considering adopting. I was encouraged enough that I went to visit the
cat. She was actually less skittish than I'd been led to believe,
though it was clear that whoever adopts her will need to let her set
the pace. Behaviorally, I think she'd do fine at our house.

The trouble is, though, she's had ringworm and while the shelter says
she's cured of it, they also say that they can't guaranty that and
would have me sign a waiver. Unless I'm sure it would be safe, I can't
justify bringing the cat home and putting my family and my other two
kitties (one who already has a skin problem) at risk. We have a vet
appointment on Saturday for the cat with the skin problem -- I'll ask
the vet what he thinks about adopting the cat.

Thanks again for all your help!

beeswing