Calming purrs please

Old November 20th 04, 04:27 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"Adrian" had some very interesting things to say
about Calming purrs please:

Helen mentioned in a reply to another poster that Herman, her car,
was a Merc. He he! When my sister visited from the UK and borrowed
my Mercedes, she called it a "Merc" as well. It grates on the
American ear, as there is a line of autos here called "Mercury", and
they are "Mercs". g

I thought they were Fords. g When I visited America, in 1982, I rented
a Mercury.

Yep, Fords and Mercuries are related, being made by the same company
[Lincolns are also part of that "family"].

Old November 20th 04, 06:14 PM
Cathi

In message ,
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers writes
Oh poo. Car accidents are rather less than fun even if you're the
innocent party (trust me - my poor little Micra was rear-ended no less
than three times, twice of those at exactly the same point on the road!)

Ouch! Not third time lucky in your case!

Unlucky, to be precise. On the first two occasions (the two at the same
point on the road) no witnesses stopped, but both drivers gave no
problem - they stopped, we exchanged details, damage to mine was sorted.
On the third occasion the driver sped off, but the driver behind them
got his number (and guilty party left his numberplate on the road!)
Despite having two witnesses, plus the numberplate, I got nothing from
other driver. When the police traced him, his line was that his car was
uninsured, sitting on his drive waiting to be sold, and "honest guv, it
woz pinched. It weren't me that woz drivin'". As no-one saw the actual
driver, it was my no claims that got walloped :-( Still, I suspect that
after the incident his car ended up being torched in a field somewhere.
Even if it wasn't, his front lights were a mess, and his radiator
cracked, judging by the puddle in the middle of the road. My little
Micra went on for another 18 months.
--
Cathi

Old November 20th 04, 10:11 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and hugs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Yowie" wrote in message
snip
Drove around the corner, and cried my eyes out. I was scared ****less.

Yowie

---

Old November 20th 04, 10:11 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and hugs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old November 21st 04, 08:57 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:20:44 GMT, "Magic Mood JeepĀ©"
wrote:

Yup, Mercury is nothing but a deluxe Ford, as is a Lincoln. Also, FWIW,
Ford Motor Company also owns Land Rover, Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar and Aston
Martin (or is the majority stock holder for each company). We got a $4000
discount on our Land Rover when we bought ours because DH worked for a
company (Visteon) owned by Ford at that time. About half that discount was
eaten up by taxes

And sometimes pretty much identical cars coming off an assembly line
with some being called by a Ford and others a Mercury. I used to have
a Mercury Comet which was the same thing as a Ford Maverick. Thing
was that it had the Ford name in more places than Mercury - on the
door panels, hubcaps, all over the engine parts, etc.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old November 21st 04, 09:20 PM
Sam Nash

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...

Last night I was driving Herman and whilst stationary at a junction where
I was
waiting for a gap in traffic to turn left on to the main road. Fool in
Audi
came up behind. He then drove straight into the rear of my car... Said
fool in
Audi said it was my fault that he drove into the back of my car as my car
was
stationary... Said fool refused to exchange details (as is required by
law) and
insisted him driving into the back of my stationary car was not his fault
but
mine. Luckily no-one was physically hurt, but I was getting a tad worried
for
my own safety due to the aggressive manner of the Audi fool. So I phoned
the
police and gave the registration mumber of the Audi. It took that to get
the
guy to give me his details. Obviously he's never read the Highway Code as
regards leaving space between you & the vehicle in front.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is switched
off--

Calming purrs for you, "healing purrs" for Herman, and a double dose of
litterbox leavings for the other driver.
Sam