When your cat is dying

Old August 9th 03, 11:38 PM
MAtzori

Default When your cat is dying

Hi all my poor Cookie is 20 years old and dying. She has lost tremendous
amounts of weight and seems to have a tumor now near her shoulder but does NOT
seem to be in pain. I hope she will die a natural death (die during her sleep)
but she seems to cling on. I have been feeding her favorite foods which she
sometimes eats and make sure she is dry. She has stopped cleaning herself also
this last month. Any other hints------I am afraid to take her to put her to
sleep as I think the ride in the car is more traumatic for both of us.

Thanks,
Lee
Old August 9th 03, 11:53 PM
MacCandace

I'm sorry about your cat and I hope she has a peaceful passing at home as you
would prefer. I know some people feel differently about euthanasia than others
do. I don't know if we ever really know if they're not in pain as cats are
stoic but I hope the best for you and Cookie.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Old August 10th 03, 12:57 AM
---MIKE---

If you decide to have Cookie put down, see if your vet will give you
some tranquilizer pills to ease the ride.

-MIKE

Old August 10th 03, 12:57 AM
---MIKE---

Old August 10th 03, 08:19 PM

Cats don't tend to show their pain,
which misleads people. We don't do
them any favor waiting for a "natural"
death, when they are uncomfortable.

"Sometimes eating, large weight loss,
no longer cleaning herself = the cat
needs relief. Theres nothing good to
be accomplished putting her through
anymore of this. Let her go on to a better
place where she will be well.

Better a less than comfortable ride
than more days, or weeks, or this...

Old September 11th 03, 07:41 PM
Stephan Mynarkiewicz

"k" wrote in message
om...
Cats don't tend to show their pain,
which misleads people. We don't do
them any favor waiting for a "natural"
death, when they are uncomfortable.

"Sometimes eating, large weight loss,
no longer cleaning herself = the cat
needs relief. Theres nothing good to
be accomplished putting her through
anymore of this. Let her go on to a better
place where she will be well.

Better a less than comfortable ride
than more days, or weeks, or this...

Definitely...more selfish than anything else to keep her around to just
"exist" ... let her have peace.

--
Stephan
(replace * with i)

In loving memory of a special best friend
Rascal (1991-2003)
http://member.newsguy.com/~catnap/in_loving_memory.htm