Product endorsement

Old March 9th 04, 01:14 PM
Dave

Default Product endorsement

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in
message k.net...
(No, this isn't spam, and they're not paying me -- just thought it might
be helpful for others.)

Thornell's Cat Odor-Off seems to have squelched the urine odour in the
carpet pretty well, and, to my surprise, actually got out a fair amount
of the stain, too, better than the enzyme cleaners I tried.

Your mileage may vary, but I ordered more just in case.

Where do you get it from?

Thanks,

Dave

Old March 19th 04, 03:43 AM
Rob Warren

Look at a product called Odor Away. It is made up of 9 amino acid
enzymes and is extrememtly effective. It works almost immediately on
the odor and stain. Only place I know to find it is at
www.cobblecreekconsulting.com . Whatever product you use read the MSDS
sheet for it! The most popular such product available today says in
their MSDS that it can cause liver and kidney damage. Its also is
bacteria that when stressed creates enzymes so needs time to work and
then only for a limited time. Most also contain Isoprophyl
Alchohol.Odor Away for one does not

Rob

Old March 19th 04, 06:32 AM
IBen Getiner

(Rob Warren) wrote in message . com...
Look at a product called Odor Away. It is made up of 9 amino acid
enzymes and is extrememtly effective. It works almost immediately on
the odor and stain. Only place I know to find it is at
www.cobblecreekconsulting.com . Whatever product you use read the MSDS
sheet for it! The most popular such product available today says in
their MSDS that it can cause liver and kidney damage. Its also is
bacteria that when stressed creates enzymes so needs time to work and
then only for a limited time. Most also contain Isoprophyl
Alchohol.Odor Away for one does not

Rob

Thanks for that footwork, Rod. The little lady will be most pleased.
Seems she's always on my can about doing something about this subject,
but I'll tell you... it's hard to find a product that works on
something as powerful as tom-cat urine. Seems our male has a bad habit
of spraying now and then. Especially if either one of us has even been
near where another kitty has been. I guess our feet pick up the scent.
When he lets loose, it can take your breath away. He's not as bad as
he used to be, but all it takes sometimes to ruin your whole day is
one blast. Know what I mean....?

Thanks again!

IBen G.

Old March 20th 04, 09:36 PM
Rob Warren

No problem. Unfortunately I got a chance to try it on a "present" my
tom left me when I got back last night from visiting a friend with
cats. Boy is that a sttrong smell!! Hope this is not a sign of things
to come! Seems to have taken the odor out though. I did lay a warm
damp cloth over the spot after I applied the Odor Away. Have heard
from others this helps and so I was not taking any chances!

Did some more checking on other enzyme products and found one popular
grocery store one even contains Ethyl Alcohol. Not sure I want that
around my animals.

Rod