UPDATE - Yertle foster kitten

Old May 9th 04, 05:27 AM
JoJo

Default UPDATE - Yertle foster kitten

Tomorrow is the big day, Yertle, Max and Sam go back to the shelter to go up
for adoption. You may remember Yertle - the little guy that my dog bit on
the face. He's been doing quite well and has started nibbling on dry food,
but primarily eats canned.

Before the whole dog incident happened, a girl came over to look at the
group, she wanted to adopt one. She was partial to Yertle from the start.
She has a dog and her former room-mate had a cat - the dog and cat were best
of friends. Well her roomie moved out and took the cat with her, so Erin
wanted to get another cat for the dog.

Then came the dog bite - obviously it was a concern how Yertle would react
to dogs now that he had been bitten. Erin came by to look at the kittens
again, and Yertle showed no fear of any of my dogs. That kind of sealed the
deal for her.

Since the big day is here, we decided it would be best to let her dog and
Yertle meet prior to adoption. This way we can assure the shelter there
would not be a problem. The meeting went beautifully. The dog was thrilled
with Yertle - Yertle took it all in stride, he was more interested in
investigating new surroundings than the dog. He never hissed or growled at
the dog in the two hours we were there. At one point Yertle decided he had
enough investigating and curled up on a chair to go to sleep. The dog
jumped right up on the chair and curled up next to Yertle. Yertle just
swiped at the dogs paw, then went back to sleep.

What a HUGE relief. Now the only hurdle is for the shelter to approve the
adoption, and I don't see a problem with that. Now for more news - Max has
a 99% chance of having a home as well - MINE! I can't bear to part with
him, he's such a little lover.

The other fosters I have were to go up for adoption on thursday, but one
came down w/UTI - guess they didn't want to leave! We have started
antibiotics and knock on wood, nobody else seems to be sick. We'll try
again this Thursday.

--
JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

Old May 9th 04, 06:42 AM
Jeanne Hedge

Wonderful news all around, but especially about little Yertle!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

http://www.jhedge.com
Old May 9th 04, 06:42 AM
Jeanne Hedge

Old May 9th 04, 02:05 PM
Christine Burel

I'm so happy for you and Yertle and his new family. It's a truly wonderful
ending to the story!
And congrats on keeping Max, too!
Christine

Old May 9th 04, 02:42 PM
Victor Martinez

Awww... what a good kittie!

What a HUGE relief. Now the only hurdle is for the shelter to approve the
adoption, and I don't see a problem with that. Now for more news - Max has
a 99% chance of having a home as well - MINE! I can't bear to part with
him, he's such a little lover.

Congratulations!

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 9th 04, 02:46 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 09 May 2004 13:42:21 GMT, Victor Martinez
yodeled:

JoJo wrote:
enough investigating and curled up on a chair to go to sleep. The dog
jumped right up on the chair and curled up next to Yertle. Yertle just
swiped at the dogs paw, then went back to sleep.

Yertle-- nerves of steel. What a great little guy. Best of luck to
all of you.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)

Old May 9th 04, 03:01 PM
polonca12000

Wonderful news! I'm so happy.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"JoJo" wrote in message
snip Since the big day is here, we decided it would be best to let her
dog and
Yertle meet prior to adoption. This way we can assure the shelter there
would not be a problem. The meeting went beautifully. The dog was

thrilled
with Yertle - Yertle took it all in stride, he was more interested in
investigating new surroundings than the dog. He never hissed or growled

at
the dog in the two hours we were there. At one point Yertle decided he

had
enough investigating and curled up on a chair to go to sleep. The dog
jumped right up on the chair and curled up next to Yertle. Yertle just
swiped at the dogs paw, then went back to sleep.

snip