Fetching Buster

Old November 27th 03, 04:28 AM
Karen

Default Fetching Buster

in article , Mark Edwards at
wrote on 11/26/03 9:24 PM:

In the evenings when I get home, I usually go outside and call for
Buster, who likes to stay in until we go to bed.

Truth be known, he likes to stay inside *after* we go to bed too. In
fact, the last couple of nights, he has been giving me puppy-dog eyes
(is that blasphemous, or what?), and has cried to be let back in. I
think he knows that we have an empty space for another cat...

A couple of nights ago, it was icy cold outside, so I didn't bother
putting him outdoors. He went to sleep on the couch, and later joined
us at the foot of the bed, on my side of the bed. At least, that's
where he was when I got up for work.

I also didn't let him out when I left for work so he sat on the couch
next to Senyah most of the day (evil grin).

When I tried to put him out that night, he begged to stay in again. I
picked him up and told him "I wish I could keep you - let me see what
I can work out". Oh, and let him back in the house.

Now, I think Senyah sees what's coming, but she isn't entirely sure
she wants more than one cat. So I had to promise to let him out in the
morning. Which I did. Which surprised Buster, because he's used to be
let out at night...

Which brings me to the title of this post.

It has long been Buster's style to either come out from the bushes, or
to sit on the air conditioner unit in the window. If I open the door
before he sits on the air conditioner, he runs up from the bushes and
meows loudly.

But lately, I go outside, and don't see him at all. I call his name,
then I hear a brief meow. From above the ground. Buster has climbed
the little tree outside the door. He seems in some distress, as if he
can't get down. So I go get him and carry him in (personally, I think
he just wants proof that I really want him to come in - grin).

I have *got* to figure a way out to get Senyah to let us adopt him...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Just keep going as you are. I think the process is half done

Karen

Old November 27th 03, 05:54 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 03:24:10 GMT, Mark Edwards
wrote:

[...]

He sounds so lonesome -- and as you say, there is now an empty space.
Nature doesn't like empty spaces -- she always tries to fill them up
with something. Nature is trying to fill the empty space in your
life now -- don't lose a great chance for another loving friend.
Best wishes for happiness. MLB
Old November 27th 03, 03:49 PM
GraceCat

Karen wrote in message . ..

Just keep going as you are. I think the process is half done

Karen

We wondered if there wasn't a reason that Buster came back from that
fateful vet visit. I'd say we just found it.

Grace
Old November 27th 03, 09:38 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for Buster to convince Senyah she cannot live
without him anymore
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip

Old November 27th 03, 09:42 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Mark Edwards wrote:

[...]

Pardon my confusion, but people here seem to names as unusual as their
cats, so I have to ask. Is "Senyah" a human or another cat?
Old November 28th 03, 11:48 AM
Adrian

Mark Edwards wrote:
[...]

I think you already have.:-)
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old November 29th 03, 03:15 AM
Stacey

No cluons were harmed when Divamanque wrote:

Pardon my confusion, but people here seem to names as unusual as
their
cats, so I have to ask. Is "Senyah" a human or another cat?

Grin. Senyah is my wife.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

You STILL didn't answer weather Senyah was a human or cat!!!!

Stacey