#$^&*(()*^%$ What a wake-up call!

Old June 8th 07, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Default #$^&*(()*^%$ What a wake-up call!

I'm sound asleep, and I sleep soundly. I've had a lot of appointments
and such this week, so I'm really, really tired, and this is my one day
to sleep in a little bit.

THUMP! Crash bounce OUCH!

"Wha? Huh?" (that's me waking up -- lol)

"Kaaaaaattttiiiieeeeeee!"

Dear little Kate had decided she was bored with being in the "Cool Room"
and wanted out. Apparently, she decided the best way to accomplish her
aim was to jump up on the headboard of the (leaky) waterbed, and knock
off an Easter basket that holds my multitudinous medications, directly
on my head.

Nothing like a cat to act as your personal alarm clock, huh?

Ginger-lyn
Old June 8th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
nk.net...
I'm sound asleep, and I sleep soundly. I've had a lot of appointments and
such this week, so I'm really, really tired, and this is my one day to
sleep in a little bit.

THUMP! Crash bounce OUCH!

"Wha? Huh?" (that's me waking up -- lol)

"Kaaaaaattttiiiieeeeeee!"

Dear little Kate had decided she was bored with being in the "Cool Room"
and wanted out. Apparently, she decided the best way to accomplish her
aim was to jump up on the headboard of the (leaky) waterbed, and knock off
an Easter basket that holds my multitudinous medications, directly on my
head.

Nothing like a cat to act as your personal alarm clock, huh?

Ginger-lyn

ROFLMAO thanks Ginger I needed a smile

Old June 9th 07, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 22:49:18 GMT, Ginger-lyn
yodeled:

I'm sound asleep, and I sleep soundly. I've had a lot of appointments
and such this week, so I'm really, really tired, and this is my one day
to sleep in a little bit.

THUMP! Crash bounce OUCH!

"Wha? Huh?" (that's me waking up -- lol)

"Kaaaaaattttiiiieeeeeee!"

Dear little Kate had decided she was bored with being in the "Cool Room"
and wanted out. Apparently, she decided the best way to accomplish her
aim was to jump up on the headboard of the (leaky) waterbed, and knock
off an Easter basket that holds my multitudinous medications, directly
on my head.

Nothing like a cat to act as your personal alarm clock, huh?

Ginger-lyn

Check out this one!
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2007/0...ever/#comments

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

Old June 9th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

LOL! The next best thing with these (after the pic itself) is the comments.

Old June 9th 07, 10:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Ginger-lyn wrote:
snip
Nothing like a cat to act as your personal alarm clock, huh?

Trouble is they don't have a snooze button. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old June 9th 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Adrian A wrote:
Ginger-lyn wrote:
snip
Nothing like a cat to act as your personal alarm clock, huh?

Trouble is they don't have a snooze button. ;-)

I guess I'm very, *very* blessed when it comes to Persia. Oh, sure, she'll
tap me on the nose to try to wake me up. But if I pat her and say "shhhh"
she settles down for 10 minutes before the snooze delay turns off and she's
back to tapping me. Um, excuse me, can't you tell I'm starving here?
"Shhhhhh!". Oh, okay.

Recently she decided giving me little nips on the chin was the way to go but
that just makes me giggle and then say "shhhhh" again! And she settles back
down for another 10-15 minutes.

Her new strategy is to put her face right up next to my ear and purr as
loudly as she can, all the while blowing her puffy breath in my ear. This
creates a sort of weird wind tunnel effect so the purrs echo. Okay, okay,
I'll get up!

Jill

Old June 9th 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Jun 9, 2007, jmcquown wrote:

Her new strategy is to put her face right up next to my ear and purr as
loudly as she can, all the while blowing her puffy breath in my ear. This
creates a sort of weird wind tunnel effect so the purrs echo. Okay, okay,
I'll get up!

Jill

A very effective strategy. K-man likes to put his face right next to mine and
just lie there. I don't hear him breathing, I don't hear him purring; I only
"intuit" his stare and I awaken.

That's all it takes: seeing his face all-so-close-and-nearly-distorted makes
me burst out laughing and then I'm done for. Might as well get up.

I think one of the reasons it makes me laugh (in addition to the look of his
face so intent and so close) is that it reminds me of the old wives' tale
(oooh! I just realized how sexist that saying is!) that "cats should be kept
from sleeping babies because they can *suck the breath from them!*"

Hmm. Even in those days of that particular wives' tale we always had multiple
cats around... Hmmm...

--
Remember: It is To Laugh

http://tinyurl.com/2a5u8b

Old June 9th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Ketzl's Dad wrote:
On Jun 9, 2007, jmcquown wrote:

[...]

You just reminded me of a neighbor I once had! She had a little boy, about
three or four, who loved to see Persia lounging on the front window sill.
And he wanted a cat but she had just found out she was pregnant. She said
something along the lines of, "I can't have a cat, it will kill my baby!"
It was the suck the breath thing. I just shook my head. I'll bet if she
broke a mirror she'd be convinced she had 7 years bad luck, too.

Jill

Old June 10th 07, 08:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8[_2_]

On Jun 8, 6:49 pm, Ginger-lyn wrote:
I'm sound asleep, and I sleep soundly. I've had a lot of appointments
and such this week, so I'm really, really tired, and this is my one day
to sleep in a little bit.

THUMP! Crash bounce OUCH!

"Wha? Huh?" (that's me waking up -- lol)

"Kaaaaaattttiiiieeeeeee!"

Dear little Kate had decided she was bored with being in the "Cool Room"
and wanted out. Apparently, she decided the best way to accomplish her
aim was to jump up on the headboard of the (leaky) waterbed, and knock
off an Easter basket that holds my multitudinous medications, directly
on my head.

Nothing like a cat to act as your personal alarm clock, huh?

Ginger-lyn

LOL, I feel your pain. But it could have been worse. She could have
decided to wake you by landing with her full weight on your full
bladder. Captain and Stanley both have perfected that technique.
Eeeeee. ;o)

Donna

But playing "trampoline" on Meowmy's tummy is FUN!

Captain and Stanley

Wake-up call Singh Cat anecdotes 4 September 3rd 05 01:29 PM
New Way to Wake Up... jmcquown Cat anecdotes 15 August 22nd 05 12:07 PM
How does your cat wake you up? Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 55 May 22nd 04 07:40 AM
Hey, wake up in there! Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 7 February 16th 04 07:12 PM
Not how I want to wake up Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 11 August 24th 03 11:48 PM