[OT] GTA:Vice City

Old February 1st 04, 05:40 AM
Yowie

Default [OT] GTA:Vice City

For the first time, Joel has found a game for the XBOX that both of us love.

He loves the game play.

I love the soundtrack that comes with it.

Ok, I admit, I am a pathetic 80's addict. But the Grand Theft Auto: Vice
City game comes with approximately 8 'radio stations' which play
approximtley 15 songs each. And each and every one is retro 80's.

I was in sheer music nostalgia heaven.

Now if I could just figure out how to play the CD-ROM as a music CD, I'd be
really really happy.

Yowie
Anyone else out there addicted to the 80's sound?

Old February 1st 04, 08:22 AM
Cathi

In message , Yowie
writes
Anyone else out there addicted to the 80's sound?

(Raises hand sheepishly)

Hello, my name is Cathi and I am an Eighties music addict.

(Skips off to play Spandau Ballet's greatest hits)
--
Cathi
Old February 1st 04, 10:37 AM

Yowie wrote:

Anyone else out there addicted to the 80's sound?

I really like 80s music. I mean top-40 pop music stuff. I listened
to the radio all the time in the 80s, on my commute to and from work,
or wherever I happened to be driving.

I don't even listen to the radio now. Everything's owned by
Clearchannel and it all sounds like the same drivel. Not that
music wasn't heavily commercialized 20 years ago, but at least
it had some character.

What are some of your favorite songs from that era? My favorites
are "new wave" type songs like "867-5309 (Jenny)" by Tommy Tutone.
Was that a hit in Australia?

Joyce
Old February 1st 04, 02:48 PM
Victor Martinez

Yowie wrote:
Anyone else out there addicted to the 80's sound?

I *love* 80's music. I have a really good 80's CD collection
(http://tinyurl.com/yrgcc), plus many CDs from all my favorite 80's
bands. If you have a high-speed connection you can go to
launch.yahoo.com and listen to all kinds of radio stations, including a
really good 80's one.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 1st 04, 03:46 PM
Bobcat

Interesting post, but for Torontonians like me, your header throws us a wide
curve! Around these parts "GTA" is a common abbreviation for "Greater
Toronto Area"! So naturally anyone from Tranna's going to read it to find
out which surrounding community is "Vice City". Scarborough? Mississauga?
North York? See what you've started?? g

u...

Old February 1st 04, 03:50 PM
Duke of URL

In u,
Yowie radiated into the
WorldWideWait:

Now if I could just figure out how to play the CD-ROM as a music
CD, I'd be really really happy.

Hmm... If you use your Windows Explorer to examine the disc, you will
probably find the songs in there as MP3s. It's easy to copy them to
your HD.

Old February 1st 04, 10:39 PM
pmendhall

According to my hubby, who is a GTA: Vice City Addict, you can CDs with the
sound track from Vice City on it. There is a separte Cd for each radio
station on the game. There are 6 CDs available: V-Rock, Wave 103, Flash
FM, Wildstyle, Fever 105, Espantoso.

You can find it online at Barnes & Noble in the music section. Probably
other places, but didn't take the time to look them up.

Diane

u...

Old February 2nd 04, 06:06 PM
Steve G

"Yowie" wrote in message . au...
(...)

Yowie
Anyone else out there addicted to the 80's sound?

No.

Re. GTA-VC, I usually listen to the talk station, whatever it's
called. Funny. Haven't played the game for a while though. Or I'll
also add tracks to the mp3 station, which in my case generally
consists of bizarre jazz. Smooth. Nice. Etc.

Steve.
Old May 3rd 04, 03:27 AM
Tom Binford

(I know I'm responding to an old post. It's been a *long* time since I've
visited rpca.)

There are mp3 newsgroups with thousands of songs for downloading. You are at
the mercy of what others choose to post though but much comes up eventually.
Check news:alt.binaries.sounds.mp3 and News:alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.1980s
There are a lot of other groups in the sounds.mp3 series.

Tom

[OT] Iron Chef Yowie Cat anecdotes 19 December 23rd 03 06:32 AM
[OT] Just needed to vent - UPDATE 20/11 JA Gory Cat anecdotes 23 November 25th 03 04:33 AM
[OT] Just needed to vent Yowie Cat anecdotes 56 November 23rd 03 07:06 AM
[OT] Holiday Recipes Yowie Cat anecdotes 60 November 21st 03 10:07 PM