A rare treat

Old December 21st 06, 07:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default A rare treat

When Mir was a kitten, she used to treat me as a piece of furniture -
she was always laying on me, sleeping on me, riding around on me,
grooming on me. These days she doesn't like to be on my arm as often, so
it was a rare treat when she decided to take a nap on my arm, not once
but twice:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/21551...58511339eORPXB

Of course, I had to spoil it all by reaching for the camera and flashing
the flashlight in her face.

Old December 21st 06, 07:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Marina wrote:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/21551...58511339eORPXB

PS Funny how it looks like my hair (in the upper left corner) is the
same colour as Mir's fur. My hair is actually white.

Old December 21st 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Marina wrote:
Marina wrote:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/21551...58511339eORPXB

PS Funny how it looks like my hair (in the upper left corner) is the
same colour as Mir's fur. My hair is actually white.

Clearly cats want your hair to match theirs, for aesthetic reasons.
DP's black hair blends into a headnox much better than my brown...I
woke up to a headkumani this morning. she's learning from the (dark)
master!

--Fil

Old December 21st 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Marina wrote:
When Mir was a kitten, she used to treat me as a piece of furniture -
she was always laying on me, sleeping on me, riding around on me,
grooming on me. These days she doesn't like to be on my arm as often, so
it was a rare treat when she decided to take a nap on my arm, not once
but twice:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/21551...58511339eORPXB

Of course, I had to spoil it all by reaching for the camera and flashing
the flashlight in her face.

She is saying "bad meowmie" and you better believe it. She did you the
honor of sleeping on your arm and you dared to disturb her. You will
pay.

Sunrise, the pretty one, typing and grandma by

Will in New Haven

--

"I'm so vain, you better write your next song about me," Sunrise, the
pretty one

Old December 21st 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Wow, Marina. Looking through those shots, Cali and Mir-mir looking
out that window, Cali's a BIIIIG boy isn't he? Didn't realize how big
he is until he's right next to the sweet lady.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 22nd 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Marina wrote:
When Mir was a kitten, she used to treat me as a piece of furniture -
she was always laying on me, sleeping on me, riding around on me,
grooming on me. These days she doesn't like to be on my arm as often, so
it was a rare treat when she decided to take a nap on my arm, not once
but twice:

Melisande had rather given up sleeping on me, but since I've
moved to Arizona, I find BOTH her and Cendrillon sharing my
bed at night. (On top of the blankets, on either side of my
legs, so A) I can't move and B) at least one leg is asleep
by the time their movements waken me.) Arizona may be
hotter than Southern California in summer, but that sure
doesn't hold true in winter - I've been FREEZING every night
since I moved in, despite the central heating in operation.
(I keep the thermostat set around 65F, so obviously it's
colder than that!)
Old December 22nd 06, 06:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Irulan wrote:
Wow, Marina. Looking through those shots, Cali and Mir-mir looking
out that window, Cali's a BIIIIG boy isn't he? Didn't realize how big
he is until he's right next to the sweet lady.

It's not so much that Cali's big, it's Miranda who's small. Caliban is
pretty average, to my eyes. But he's chunky, while everything about Mir
is slender. They have completely different body shapes.

Old December 22nd 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Will in New Haven wrote:
Marina wrote:
When Mir was a kitten, she used to treat me as a piece of furniture -
she was always laying on me, sleeping on me, riding around on me,
grooming on me. These days she doesn't like to be on my arm as often, so
it was a rare treat when she decided to take a nap on my arm, not once
but twice:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/21551...58511339eORPXB

Of course, I had to spoil it all by reaching for the camera and flashing
the flashlight in her face.

She is saying "bad meowmie" and you better believe it. She did you the
honor of sleeping on your arm and you dared to disturb her. You will
pay.

Sunrise, the pretty one, typing and grandma by

Will in New Haven

She had her revenge - she didn't sleep with me last night!

Old December 22nd 06, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:16:36 +0200, Marina
wrote:

When Mir was a kitten, she used to treat me as a piece of furniture -
she was always laying on me, sleeping on me, riding around on me,
grooming on me. These days she doesn't like to be on my arm as often, so
it was a rare treat when she decided to take a nap on my arm, not once
but twice:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/21551...58511339eORPXB

Of course, I had to spoil it all by reaching for the camera and flashing
the flashlight in her face.

I never get tired of seeing pictures of your beautiful, sweet, dainty
Miranda; and the handsome, dashing tabby, Caliban!

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha