The Ultimate Hoolikitten!

Old October 3rd 04, 10:45 PM
Karen Chuplis

Default The Ultimate Hoolikitten!

http://www.youthofbritain.com/chillout/

Old October 3rd 04, 11:49 PM
Jeanette

Karen Chuplis wrote in message
http://www.youthofbritain.com/chillout/

Fantastic. I knew I was in for a treat when I saw 'Joel Veitch'.

Thanks Karen

Jeanette

Old October 4th 04, 01:40 AM
zaax

In article , Karen Chuplis
writes
http://www.youthofbritain.com/chillout/

Http://www.rathergood.com/fishy/
some kittens sing about fishys
--
Zaax
http://www.ukgatsos.com
Old October 4th 04, 01:40 AM
zaax

In article , Karen Chuplis
writes

Old October 4th 04, 02:39 AM
O J

On Sun, 03 Oct, Karen Chuplis wrote:

http://www.youthofbritain.com/chillout/

Cute little animation. The song captures that 'full speed till you
drop' nature of kitten antics.

The term "Youth Of Britain" has another of those backward etymologies.
The word "yob" as used to mean a young waster was initialized into
youth of Britain the same way 'posh' was initialized into "Port Out
Starboard Home". Another example is the infamous "For Unlawful Carnal
Knowledge".

The YOB transmutation has been so successful that one minister in
Parliament gave a speech denouncing a secret (and what other type
could it be) organization called the Youth Of Britain. Well, I
suppose the transmogrification is here to stay, the force of reason
never gets in the way of a good story.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Old October 4th 04, 02:55 AM
Christina Websell

"O J" wrote in message
On Sun, 03 Oct, Karen Chuplis wrote:

http://www.youthofbritain.com/chillout/

Cute little animation. The song captures that 'full speed till you
drop' nature of kitten antics.

The term "Youth Of Britain" has another of those backward etymologies.
The word "yob" as used to mean a young waster was initialized into
youth of Britain the same way 'posh' was initialized into "Port Out
Starboard Home". Another example is the infamous "For Unlawful Carnal
Knowledge".

The YOB transmutation has been so successful that one minister in
Parliament gave a speech denouncing a secret (and what other type
could it be) organization called the Youth Of Britain. Well, I
suppose the transmogrification is here to stay, the force of reason
never gets in the way of a good story.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

I'm not sure where you got your information from, OJ. I never heard that
yob meant youth of Britain, in fact I've never heard the term. My
definition of a yob is a destructive teenager, out to cause trouble,
wandering the streets in groups and causing wanton damage including
graffitti.

Tweed

Old October 4th 04, 03:38 AM
O J

On Mon, 4 Oct, Tweed wrote:

O J wrote:

[...]

Got my information from another newsgroup, the one with the BOA, the
BOP, and the BOR.

I never heard that yob meant youth of Britain,
in fact I've never heard the term.

It doesn't, but the question is whether some people believe that
that's how the term 'yob' originated. As I said, the false origin
ascribed to 'yob' was noteworthy enough for some back-bencher to call
for an investigation of the "Youth Of Britain" in the House Of
Commons. Perhaps reason has prevailed and the "youth of Britain"story
will die a peaceful death. It won't though if people publish songs
like the theme song to that animation which was titled, as well as was
the web page, "Youth Of Britain".

My definition of a yob is a destructive teenager, out to cause trouble,
wandering the streets in groups and causing wanton damage including
graffitti.

Tweed

Of course, you're correct. The only issue is from whence the term
arose.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Etymology?? What does this have to do with bugs?