stray kitten advice needed, again

Old October 20th 04, 04:12 PM
Ann

Default stray kitten advice needed, again

As you know I have been feeding stray kittens and the mother. Yesterday DH
said if I wanted one I could keep it. How hard is it to socialize a kitten
that has lived it short life outside. I'm guessing they are about 4 months
old. All the kittens will come and eat when I'm about 3 feet from the dish
and look at me when I talk to them. Am I taking on more than I could handle?
I know some of you have rescued cats and kittens and any suggestions or
advice would be welcome. If I kept the kitten it would be inside only and I
do have 2 cats now. You can Email me at

Take out the cat for the correct address.

Ann

Old October 20th 04, 11:50 PM
CatNipped

The younger the cat the easier it will be to domesticate it. Steve's Rocky
was feral for most of his life, but was integrated into the household with
love and patience on Steve's part. Also, from what others have said here
creating a lap fungus from a previously feral cat is a very rewarding
experience.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 21st 04, 07:58 PM
Enfilade

The younger the cat the easier it will be to domesticate it. Steve's Rocky
was feral for most of his life, but was integrated into the household with
love and patience on Steve's part. Also, from what others have said here
creating a lap fungus from a previously feral cat is a very rewarding
experience.

A young cat will adapt quickly. Our two orphan kittens grew up
inside. And our Smokey-poke (whom we suspect was a pet before he went
feral) took less than a day to give up his "Wild ways" and adjust to
becoming an inside-only boy.

Don't forget to find homes for the mom andthe other kittens.

--Fil