Help! Kitten lost behind walls! :-O

Old September 11th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Harri Roadcat

Default Help! Kitten lost behind walls! :-O

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:39:12 -0700, Will in New Haven wrote:

Yoo gotz two lern too jump down to da pedulz an den bak UP to stir da
weel. Dat iz wut I doo in da jeep-fingy an I am da bes driver roun.

Dat souns like a lot of work. More work dan I want to do, anyway. I'd
rather just stretch out on da dashboard and let soak up da sun an let all
da offur drifers admire me.

Dat soun like a gudgud wai to liv, cept for da hoomin bein der.

Yeah, it IS a chore hafing to deal wif hoomins efurry day. But Paw is
purrty good bout keeping food dishes full and dispensing kitty treats and
playing wif kitties.

Usually.

Harri

Old September 11th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB

Albert wrote:
Well, all's well after all -- what a relief --

My pal Manny came over and we pulled out my dryer and opened up a
somewhat larger hole in the floor -- still too small to put anything
like a basket or cage down, but we could see her all right about 10 ft
down. Manny managed to rig a little lasso out of a thick extension
cord, lubricate it with a little washing soap so it would slip, and
got it around her upper body -- Up she came!

Phew! Of course, she after spending about 20 hours down there, once
she was up she's acting like nothing happened.

Her name is Famous Shoes -- polydactyl all four paws.

Thanks everybody!

Albert

Famous Shoes doesn't sound like a kitty name. Suggestion: Greta Garbo
who was not only beautiful but was known to have big feet? MLB
Old September 11th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Albert"
Well, all's well after all -- what a relief --

My pal Manny came over and we pulled out my dryer and opened up a
somewhat larger hole in the floor -- still too small to put anything
like a basket or cage down, but we could see her all right about 10 ft
down. Manny managed to rig a little lasso out of a thick extension
cord, lubricate it with a little washing soap so it would slip, and
got it around her upper body -- Up she came!

Phew! Of course, she after spending about 20 hours down there, once
she was up she's acting like nothing happened.

Her name is Famous Shoes -- polydactyl all four paws.

Thanks everybody!

Albert

Whew, wat a reeleaf. Wee wuz wurried bout hur.
Silly name fur a kitty...how bout Big Feets?

nosepoinks tew hur.
Mosey

Old September 11th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Hihi Harri diz iz O T, you haz ta tell diz new hooman how muchz u enjoyez
your Paw when himself decided ta singz da songs from da radio. Duz u
member?

Old September 12th 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:44:07 -0700 (PDT), Albert
wrote:

Well, all's well after all -- what a relief --

My pal Manny came over and we pulled out my dryer and opened up a
somewhat larger hole in the floor -- still too small to put anything
like a basket or cage down, but we could see her all right about 10 ft
down. Manny managed to rig a little lasso out of a thick extension
cord, lubricate it with a little washing soap so it would slip, and
got it around her upper body -- Up she came!

Phew! Of course, she after spending about 20 hours down there, once
she was up she's acting like nothing happened.

Her name is Famous Shoes -- polydactyl all four paws.

Thanks everybody!

Albert

I'm very glad to hear that she is OK. I was afraid she would move away
from where you could see her, and fall or climb to someplace completely
impossible to reach.

I have avery old house, and when I had a kitten, I spent days putting up
chicken wire in all of the places where there was an opening into the
walls, or floors or ceilings. I was just amazed at how many there were!

I hope Famous Shoes doesn't do anything like this again!
Old September 12th 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:44:07 -0700 (PDT), Albert's nimble, little paws
typed:

Well, all's well after all -- what a relief --

My pal Manny came over and we pulled out my dryer and opened up a
somewhat larger hole in the floor -- still too small to put anything
like a basket or cage down, but we could see her all right about 10 ft
down. Manny managed to rig a little lasso out of a thick extension
cord, lubricate it with a little washing soap so it would slip, and
got it around her upper body -- Up she came!

Phew! Of course, she after spending about 20 hours down there, once
she was up she's acting like nothing happened.

Her name is Famous Shoes -- polydactyl all four paws.

Thanks everybody!

Albert

Good news!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

9/11/2008 11:35:50 PM
Old September 12th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stampir

"Harri Roadcat" wrote in message
Amazing. How did you leave water out for her? All the cat water bowls
I've seen would probably spill I figure?

The way mine Paw drived da truck EFURRYTHING spilled! Da company should
have let me drife da truck, but da pedals was too far away fur mine paws
to be able to reach dem.

Harri, I hope U R a licensed kitty cat! Just remember not to drive
and groom at the same time!

So Harriet got to see the USA! On the road. Could she look out the
windows in your cab or sleeper?

I kept telling Paw to build me mine own elevated bench on da passenger
seat but him never did. Da lazy bum... But him did allow me to take him
for walks fairly often.

LOL. Funny stuff.

Harri Roadcat

You're a good cat Harri! You're a well travelled kitty cat too! Did you have
any favorite places to drive to or through?

Old September 12th 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stampir

"Dan M" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:27:40 -0700, Stampir wrote:

Amazing. How did you leave water out for her? All the cat water bowls
I've seen would probably spill I figure?

Yeah, it did initially tend to spill quite often. I finally got a fairly
high-sided bowl with a heavy base and only filled it about half-way. That
way it didn't spill too often and only had to be refilled a couple of
times a day.

So Harriet got to see the USA! On the road. Could she look out the
windows in your cab or sleeper?

Yep. She used to like to ride on the dash on the passenger side where she
could look out easily and make a spectacle of herself. She also liked to
ride on the top bunk and look out the windshield. I kept a cargo net
stretched across the front of the top bunk so she wasn't in danger if I
had to brake suddenly.

She had a wonderful time as a roadcat. And having her along sure made the
long stretches away from home more bearable for me.

Dan

That's a cool story Dan. YOu and Harri on the road. Maybe you could write
a novel about your adventures w/your feline friend!

Old September 15th 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Albert

Famous Shoes is the name of the Indian scout in Larry McMurtry's
Lonesome Dove books. She'll be 'Shoes' / Shoesie for short.

A.