Louie Purrs?

Old September 10th 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bigboy

Default Louie Purrs?

On Sep 10, 10:17*am, BfloPolska wrote:
On Sep 10, 8:58*am, "CatEyes" wrote: "BfloPolska" wrote in message

Try to keep your chin up - there's really nothing that worrying will do that
will accomplish anything more than turning a few more hairs gray (I keep
telling myself this too, but I know it doesn't always work).

Purrs and prayers are on their way to both help heal your nerves and to help
Louie find a new, better job.

Thanks to you and everyone...I should be offering you the purrs for
Chapter 11 and not be asking them! Louie is frustrated, and his nature
is pessimistic; he took a hit on his credit report when we had major
storm damage in October 2006, and we had to reorganize (not refinance)
our mortgage to avoid foreclosure. Allstate and FEMA didn't pay out
enough to get all the needed repairs from that freak ice blizzard. His
credit is not in the crapper but it is in the mid-600's, which of
course is grounds for keeping him on bread and water as he sits
chained to a combination toilet-sink in a dungeon somewhere in his
imagination. I keep telling him, who the **** has sterling credit
anymore? I just hope he can motivate his tuchas to get on the computer
and get cracking. There are scads of jobs for a person with his
multiple math degrees, these days. What bank or agency dealing in
finance of any kind isn't doing risk analysis? Louie's degrees pertain
to statistics and applied mathemetics. He can chart credit and risk
trends in his sleep, and often does play with such problems just to
relax.

I am at the point where I want to tell him to do what many others are
doing, and do distance work. I can deal with him working in New York
or DC or Boston and coming back every other weekend. he has friends
and family he can stay with, he can arrange with the Sikh gurudwaras
or temples for a flop--many have temporary sleeping facilities for
wayfarers--or, some of these pay as much as I hear, he can maintain
dirt-cheap quarters and still pay off the house. It would suck without
him there all the time, and he'd miss the cats, especially his special
baby Roxie. But something has got to be done. I shudder at the thought
of leaving my hometown, but part of the distance thing would be
getting the house paid opff and fixed up and I'd end up relocating. I
don't give a damn as long as Louie got pet-friendly housing, or our
bank is friendly enough with him from his being a good mortgage
customer to give him a second go-round. And there's my own mental
health...my identity is tied up here; having no relatives I turn only
to the figurative Athena, the original Mother City. I dread the
thoguht of leaving, but I know if it's for the best...

Please keep the purrs a-going: for Louie to keep what he has, or find
something better, wuickly, and one that's best for all of us,
including the cats. come hell or high water, they're staying.

Blessed be,
Baha

Purrs are revving up and the prayers are coming for you, Louie and
your dear cats! May you all have peace and hopefully he can find
another job or find peace at his current one.

BigBoy, Princess, Mr. Boots, Ms. Tigger, Sugar and Spice and Ms. Blue
Belle
Old September 10th 09, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"BfloPolska" wrote in message

On Sep 10, 8:58 am, "CatEyes" wrote:
"BfloPolska" wrote in message

Try to keep your chin up - there's really nothing that worrying will
do that will accomplish anything more than turning a few more hairs
gray (I keep telling myself this too, but I know it doesn't always
work).

Purrs and prayers are on their way to both help heal your nerves and
to help Louie find a new, better job.

*snip*

Please keep the purrs a-going: for Louie to keep what he has, or find
something better, wuickly, and one that's best for all of us,
including the cats. come hell or high water, they're staying.

Belated purrs on the way.

And yes, if he's sure going to be fired soon, then quitting to go to another
job would be the best option at this point. Means he left on his own terms
and those reports don't go to social securityor whatever it is you guys have
over there.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old September 11th 09, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Sep 10, 5:30*pm, "Yowie" wrote:

Belated purrs on the way.

And yes, if he's sure going to be fired soon, then quitting to go to another
job would be the best option at this point. Means he left on his own terms
and those reports don't go to social securityor whatever it is you guys have
over there.

Thanks, he is looking and will continue, but a weird thing happened
earlier today. It seems the snapping off came after dealing with a big
paperwork snafu that Louie had predicted would happen in a staff
meeting back in 2005. There has been a tidal wave of bureaucracy
arising from lack of communication within different divisions, and
lately a lot of people have been tearing a lot of heads off. The
upshot of it was that Louie was approached by the big guns and
essentially told they understood why he was frustrated and they need
to form some uniform plan of action. Further, someone had dug up the
minutes of this meeting and said, "hey guys, Buxees (his real first
name) DID say this..." So the action on him for the moment amounts to
"let's keep a cool head and refrain from saying F*ck in the office,
and why didn't you say Fungus like your wife does?"

This doesn't change the fact that he's frustrated and unhappy in his
situation. In his heart he's a number-cruncher, a multiple-degreed
math geek who would be happiest plotting charts and graphs for people
whose jobs involve graphing and charting--insurance, finance,
whatever. Accounting is too simple, though he could probably become a
CPA in his sleep.

Thanks for the continued purring. Things are more peaceful now and I'm
breathing normally, though still craving Oreos or a smoke (I quit 9
years ago!) Now we need to concentrate on that job!

Blessed be,
Baha
Old September 11th 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

BfloPolska wrote:

Thanks, he is looking and will continue, but a weird thing happened
earlier today. It seems the snapping off came after dealing with a big
paperwork snafu that Louie had predicted would happen in a staff
meeting back in 2005. There has been a tidal wave of bureaucracy
arising from lack of communication within different divisions, and
lately a lot of people have been tearing a lot of heads off. The
upshot of it was that Louie was approached by the big guns and
essentially told they understood why he was frustrated and they need
to form some uniform plan of action. Further, someone had dug up the
minutes of this meeting and said, "hey guys, Buxees (his real first
name) DID say this..." So the action on him for the moment amounts to
"let's keep a cool head and refrain from saying F*ck in the office,
and why didn't you say Fungus like your wife does?"

Wow - you never hear about this happening. And they even had the old
minutes where the evidence could be found? Incredible - there is justice!!
Yay! That must be a big relief.

Joyce

--
The Internet is on computers now! -- Homer Simpson
Old September 11th 09, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
BfloPolska typed:
On Sep 10, 5:30 pm, "Yowie" wrote:

[...]

It is a rare an blessed thign when it happens, but somethimes blowing one's
stack is the best - perhaps only way - to express one's extreme frustration
at a mind bogglingly *stupid* system when no-one else has the kahunas to say
anything, and the management actually *thanks* the one person who went
postal for calling it to their attention (because if no-one complains, then
it must be ok, right?). its a dangerous gamble, but since he had already
expressed his opinion back in 2005 and his prediction if things didnt'
change has come to pass, he's scored two goals for the price of one - he had
the balls to say something when no-one else did, and had the foresight to
predict in 4 years ago. Lesson for management: :Listen to Louie, he knows
what he's on about.

Yowie

Old September 11th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bigboy

On Sep 10, 11:12*pm, "Yowie"
wrote:
,
BfloPolska typed:

On Sep 10, 5:30 pm, "Yowie" wrote:

[...]

Yowie- Hide quoted text -

Thank God!!! More purrs and prayers are on the way.

Old September 12th 09, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

On Sep 10, 5:58*am, "CatEyes" wrote:

I *SO* know where you're at right now - DH and I just went through
bankruptcy yesterday, and there's still no prospects on a job for him.
Along with the news that my company is merging with another big company, and
that there will surely be lay-offs, and that I am the least senior of all in
my job group... *

Purrs for you to keep your job and for Ben to find something. I don't
know how it works in the States but over here if you were made
redundant you get some money (not a lot but some) for 6 months if you
piad enoigh Naitional Insurance regardless of whether you have a
working partner and after that there's a basic income through if one
of you works and earns more than a pittance then you have more income
coming in than the basic income but if neither of you are working you
get something I think it's about 100 pounds a week (or something like
that thankfully it's been a long time since we had to resort to that
through some of the jobs I've taken just to pay my way....I am not
fussy obviouslky I want as much as I can get but when I was temping I
did jobs paying poor wages to get by) also you get some help with your
mortgage and as a general rule the banks can't evict you while you're
claiming I gather from friends who've been in that position you work
something out with the bank then if the bank turns round and tries to
repossess as long as you've made the agreement with them and stuck to
it- the courts generally won't let them

From what little I know about the States I think I;d hate to lose my
job there- not that I'd like to lose it here but at least we've
something to fall back on and no worries about health care

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old September 12th 09, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_3_]

On Sep 10, 6:06*pm, BfloPolska wrote:
.. The
upshot of it was that Louie was approached by the big guns and
essentially told they understood why he was frustrated and they need
to form some uniform plan of action. Further, someone had dug up the
minutes of this meeting and said, "hey guys, Buxees (his real first
name) DID say this..."

Good one! If the boss understands why Louie is hacked off and
furthermore that he saw it coming and had it recorded ages ago. No
case to answer.

So the action on him for the moment amounts to
"let's keep a cool head and refrain from saying F*ck in the office,
and why didn't you say Fungus like your wife does?"

You don't do you? Okay I often say Sugar when I mean something else
but sometimes only swearing will do. The other day as I was heading
out to work Dunzi got past and ran up the stairs. Theres a window
half way up that Esther will leave wide open and there's not a lot I
can say about it so Dunzi heads for the window where she could easlly
climb out and maybe fall down (thankfully she seems to have the sense
not to go out but likes to smell the air) as you can imagine when my
heart slowed down (another feline induced cardiovascular work out!)
and I picked her up I was far from saying "Silly kitty" I won't repeat
what I was calling her!

Things are more peaceful now and I'm
breathing normally, though still craving Oreos or a smoke (I quit 9
years ago!)

As a smoker my advice to you is.....have an Oreo

Old September 13th 09, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Sep 12, 12:57*pm, Lesley wrote:
On Sep 10, 6:06*pm, BfloPolska wrote:
. The

upshot of it was that Louie was approached by the big guns and
essentially told they understood why he was frustrated and they need
to form some uniform plan of action. Further, someone had dug up the
minutes of this meeting and said, "hey guys, Buxees (his real first
name) DID say this..."

Good one! If the boss understands why Louie is hacked off and
furthermore that he saw it coming and had it recorded ages ago. *No
case to answer.

So the action on him for the moment amounts to

"let's keep a cool head and refrain from saying F*ck in the office,
and why didn't you say Fungus like your wife does?"

You don't do you? *Okay I often say Sugar when I mean something else
but sometimes only swearing will do. *

While my favorite interjections are usually Yiddish or something silly
like Mule Cookies, I do say Fungus, or Function, or Fundamental--
always drawing out that first syllable: "FUUUHHHHHH-ngus." Then I get
to watch my boss-du-jour squirm with disappointment at being dished up
something with a G rating. I suppose it's a holdover from my old
nightmarish call-center days when the Gestapo who called themselves
supervisors walked up and down the rows looking for infractions. (The
last of such was at the Geek Squad, where some pervert leaned over me
as I sat and told my breasts he could see in my *purse* and it was
inappropriate to have my iPod visible! And yes, I called him a Fungus
as well as a degenerate. I remained there less than a week before the
Roswell Park contract was offered.)

But I admit with shame that I am a potty-mouth and a multi-lingual one
at that. I will pop off with the classical English profanities as well
as choice words in Polish, German and French, because I'll agree:
sometimes, you just can't beat a juicy, steaming, foul expletive for
spice and punch.

As a smoker my advice to you is.....have an Oreo

Thanks, don't mind if I do! Too many Oreos after I quit caused me to
balloon exponentially, yet I still crave the evil little biscuits.
They're only slightly less addictive than the average coffin-nail. I
always keep a tube of flavored lip gloss in every handbag, and at my
desk. I plow through them. They got me through quitting cold turkey in
the days when I was uninsured and too poor to afford The Patch (now
you can get the nicotine patch free from the New York health
department, insured or not. At least this hasn't been cut out of our
budget yet.)

Blessed be,
Baha

Louie, day 1 Caroline S. Cat anecdotes 8 September 5th 08 10:24 PM
Purrs for Louie and his nervous wife Baha Cat anecdotes 16 December 18th 07 09:20 PM
Because when it rains it pours: Louie purrs Baha via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 19 March 4th 07 04:04 PM
Louie purrs please...? Baha via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 24 February 23rd 07 10:27 PM
Purrs for my Louie please! Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 42 September 1st 04 06:46 PM